VIDEO, PHOTOS: New Remodeled World of Disney Store Opens at Disney Springs

The newly remodeled World of Disney store has reopened at Disney Springs this morning, featuring a new industrial look and feel similar to the remodeled World of Disney store at Downtown Disney in Anaheim. The previous entrance near Amorette’s Patisserie is now closed for refurbishment and the completion of the whole World of Disney store will be in the Fall of 2018.

The new World of Disney store has definitely lost some charm, but it does make up for it functionality. It is definitely more spacious allowing for guests to move more freely through the shop. All of the overhead decorations that used to light up the store are all gone. We’ll let you decide if you like it or not, leave your thoughts in the comments below.

There are a few pieces of character line art throughout the store. Even if they add more of this, I’m not sure it will make it feel any more “Disney” inside.

Ava
Ava

It’s beautiful but it’s not “Disney.” Definitely miss the overhead decorations

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Ava

It looks like a nice shop at any outlet mall. There is no Disney magic.

Dallas
Dallas

You know it takes a lot time and effort to make something completely metallic, and heartless.

mark nowak
mark nowak

Just another corporate store anywhere USA. Lacks a lot.I understand traffic flow, but there is no reason look around. If you can see the whole store at once , why bother going any closer to looks for that something special. Its like a drive by at a yard sale.
Why bother? Disney does themeing the best. Marketing isn’t inventing anything new here.
When the store closes they can just put up anyones logo , move in merchandise. It has NO character.

Emily
Emily
Reply to  mark nowak

Completely agree. It’s boring. To a kid, it looks like any other clothing store. No Disney Magic…

Sandra
Sandra
Reply to  Emily

What, are you serious? All the merchandise is Disney. Why is it when something changes all the negative nanny’s come out. Geez

DisneyManiac™
DisneyManiac™
Reply to  Sandra

Because it lost all Disney charm, and is just another boring shop…

Kim
Kim

It looks like a very nice store, but it doesn’t scream Disney. Why take out all of the Disney decor? That’s what made the store magical and made people smile when they walked in. Now, it’s just another store.

Randyland
Randyland

When you are selling something in a store, the point is to have the attention of people in the store focused on the items being sold…. decorations around serve only as a distraction to the point of sales. That is a plain simple truth… HOWEVER, the question is “what are you really selling??” Is the selling point the items you are displaying on sales racks…??? OR are you REALLY selling the Disney “experience”??? There once was a time when the experience was the product being sold…. now it seems that someone feels it is no longer necessary to sell the… Read more »

Mike H
Mike H
Reply to  Randyland

Pretty good point Randyland. I would agree that most shoppers rolling in there now are probably trying to make the shopping “experience” as quick as possible, which is basically our society nowadays, so there is no need to sell anyone on the “experience”. Guess you can’t blame Disney for taking this route, but it is unfortunate.

Gail
Gail
Reply to  Randyland

I agree! It’s awful!

DUSTY
DUSTY
Reply to  Randyland

indeed sir

Allie
Allie

It now looks like it is more reflective of the theming of Disney Springs. It seems to be more industrial/ steampunk and the brick is similar to the other buildings. Cant wait to go shopping!

Uncle Bob
Uncle Bob

I assume it’s supposed to match the theme of the rest of Disney Springs. Which makes sense I guess.

I don’t love it or hate it, I’ll still shop there.

John
John

Looks fantastic, such a nice new look, so much better than the old look.

Kirsten
Kirsten

I did love all the Disney decor of the old one and it was magical, I will miss it, however I did feel like my brain was on sensory overload with all the merchandise in there that it was hard to focus on what was for sale. So this does feel a bit more relaxed and easier to shop. If that makes sense.

Matt
Matt

It’s very nice but I will miss all the ceiling decorations.
But it looks much more open so it hopefully will be a little easier to navigate without having to push through people.

Matt Wright
Matt Wright

Love It!!! Its more up to date, The old was getting a little run down! We just back from Disneyland last week and while we where there they opened the new side of it out there too and just loved it!

Larry
Larry

Wow, it looks so much better now. Can’t wait to visit next month. Keep up the good work Disney.
See ya Real Soon

Cheri Pranke

it looks as if they removed a LOT of the little spinners that hold the little trinkets like erasers, magnets and such. I hope they still have some of these available…..kids love to pick their own souvenirs from these, but they really did make for tight spaces with the crowds.

Bethany
Bethany
Reply to  Cheri Pranke

They are only half done with the remodeling, I’m sure they know what sells and what doesn’t.

Brendan Fraser
Brendan Fraser

I would have enjoyed this new Starbucks a lot more if I HAD GOTTEN MY CUP OF COFFEE!!! Serously where do I order?

Megan
Megan

Love love love.

jvsett
jvsett

Yawn… now its just like Marketplace, Co-op, the Florida Mall, the Mall of … whatever. The whimsy of the original store torn out for post modern blah. Might as well as go ahead and remold 12 Days of Christmas. Or not. Every place will be selling the same thing anyway.

Gail
Gail

It’s now just a store. All the Disney magic is gone. All the characters that used to tell a story in each room are gone. It makes me very sad! Where has Disney gone???????????

Lexa

Such a disappointment! Lacking the overall theming I expect from Disney. Might as well make my purchases other places. The decorations were what made the store special.

Gina
Gina

I will miss looking up and seeing Pocahontas & John Smith (the couple I obsess on most) sitting by the ceiling, together instead of apart. I think I also saw my favorite Disney character, Iago, up there, too.

Beverly
Beverly

The Disney “Magic” is missing. I can shop at a resort and get the same feeling that I get from the new “look”. I loved all the old Disney cluttered look.