Disney has announced booking details for new and returning New Year’s Eve special events that will be held at the Contemporary Resort.
For the second time, Disney will be hosting “Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration.” This family-friendly event will keep with the recent Pixar celebration by offering attendees music, character interactions, food, and theming all related to beloved Pixar movies. Sarge from Toy Story will welcome guests to the party, where they will be transported to various worlds from Pixar movies like Up, Inside Out, The Incredibles, and Finding Nemo.
Additional guest offerings include:
- Kids’ activities, including Boot Camp with Sarge, Pixar Face Painting and a balloon artist creating favorite Pixar characters.
- An interactive DJ spinning Radio Disney hits from his Cars-inspired DJ Rig, complete with tires and road signs right out of Radiator Springs.
- A delicious buffet dinner, including Woody’s Favorite Lemon Thyme Chicken Breast, Wall-E’s Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi, Rex’s Manhattan Filet, Sulley’s Beast White Cheddar Baked Mac & Cheese, build-your-own salad options, desserts, kids’ favorites like chicken fingers and more.
- A viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration will run from 8pm until 2:15am on New Year’s Eve. The price per guest is $190 and bookings are available now. Call (407) WDW-DINE to buy your tickets today.
The second event being offered for New Year’s Eve is the returning “Disney Countdown to Midnight.” This dress up event will offer guests an evening of dancing, drinking, and dining in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Live music will be provided from both the New Year’s Bash Band and a live DJ throughout the night.
Additional offerings include:
- A “cheftainment” station featuring a seasonal menu inspired by some Disney Signature Dining restaurants – with a touch of Disney magic.
- A special appearance by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- At the end of the night, guests will be invited out to the porte cochère, where they will receive a Champagne flute and welcome 2019 with a viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Disney Countdown to Midnight will also go from 8pm until 12:15am on New Year’s Eve. Tickets are $275 per guest and can be purchased now by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Disney is also offering a VIP add-on called “Ink & Paint Club.” Located adjacent to the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, this “enhancement” offers a reception to those attending the Disney Countdown to Midnight event. Beginning just one hour before the main event, this reception offers guests the chance to enjoy a vintage Disney Animation-inspired room. Guests will be able to return to this room throughout the night, but will gain access to it beginning at 7pm.
Highlights of the reception include:
- Photo opportunities with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse with a unique Disney Animation backdrop.
- A pianist providing live entertainment.
- Chef stations featuring king crab, tuna tartare, sheep’s milk ricotta gnocchi, cocktails, Champagne, cordials and more – all included with admission.
- Reserved seating in the Disney Countdown to Midnight Party when it opens at 8pm
Disney Ink & Paint Club is only available as a deluxe combination ticket that includes both Disney Countdown to Midnight and the Ink & Paint Club. The cost of this premium ticket is $450 per guest and the tickets must be purchased together. A Disney Countdown to Midnight ticket cannot be upgraded later to include the Ink & Paint Club “enhancement.” To purchase your tickets, call (407) WDW-DINE.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!