BREAKING: Sammy Duvall’s Watersports to Close This Week, No More Parasailing, Tubing, or Water Skiing at Walt Disney World

Located in the marina area of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Sammy Duvall’s has kept the original vision of water recreation on Bay Lake alive at Walt Disney World, but this is about to come to an end.

Sammy Duvall’s Waterpsorts Centre will close forever on August 31st, 2018, bringing to an end the offerings of parasailing, tubing, wake boarding, and waterskiing at the Vacation Kingdom of the World. Sammy Duvall’s also offered personal watercraft rentals, but those are still available departing from other area resorts.

It is unknown if the location will reopen at some point with new management (Disney or some other 3rd party company).

Peter
Peter
1 year ago

Do you know why, Tom? Disney is doing a lot to provide always a worse experience! My dollars, no more.

Gina pennacchio
Gina pennacchio
1 year ago

This for me is actually very sad to see. I have been coming here since February 1972 when I was five years old and every year since and stayed at the contemporary almost every time and my father who has passed away 20 years ago now used to take me on those and then as I got older I could ride by myself, but it’s a memory that I had with my dad & then with my kids. Some of the changes they make don’t mean much to some people but to others like myself it marks the end of… Read more »

SJames
SJames
1 year ago

We have reservations for parasailing on our upcoming trip in Oct with them and have not been contacted nor was this disclosed to us at the time of purchase. I would think that they should/would contact those of us with paid reservations and let us know we’d be refunded.

Joseph Ferranti
Joseph Ferranti
1 year ago

Funny, I was on another Disney info website, and they said it was rumor. They tried to reach out to Disney & Sammy Duvalls and could not get an answer. So, is it a rumor? Or is it actually confirmed?

SJames
SJames
1 year ago

It is CONFIRMED. I called this morning for 2 hours, got a girl at Sammy Duvall’s that didn’t know anything, then Disney customer service (whom she directed me to) gave me the run around and hung up on me, but I finally got a refund for my paid trip in Oct by contacting the company SD uses to charge cc on their website! The customer service there was great and she confirmed SD will be closing and refunded my money…finally.

Kim
Kim
1 year ago
Reply to  SJames

SD’s CS may have been pleasant, but you shouldn’t have had to initiate contact to get a refund on a reservation they were not about to offer you.

SJames
SJames
1 year ago
Reply to  SJames

Email received today: Subject: Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre You are receiving this email as you have a future reservation at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre.  We are sorry to inform you that after 20 years of a water sports operation at Walt Disney World our last day will be 8/31/18.  Accordingly, if you have a prepaid reservation we are issuing a refund to the credit card used for your reservation.  Thank you for your support through the years. Guests looking to add more recreation activities to their vacation itinerary may contact the front desk or call 407-WDW-PLAY for information about watercraft… Read more »