PHOTOS, VIDEO: Second Phase of New World of Disney Store Opens at Disney Springs

With the “grand reveal” of the shop coming up on October 27th, today, Disney unveiled the second phase of the remodeled World of Disney Store at Disney Springs.

Two new window displays with screen and lighting effects adorn the exterior of the updated section.

The new sections are more of the same warehouse feel we saw with the opening of the last portion. There’s almost nothing to talk about here expect for 3 small details we point out in the video below:

One section that was previously open is now closed to finish work on it. They will be adding a Castle projection similar to the one added in California on the back wall, among other things.

So, what do you think of our latest look at the new World of Disney?

Gorman Woodfin
Gorman Woodfin

Tom, thank you so much for the video walk around. . . Excellent job! It is really different. It is less an attraction and more of a sales area now. I hate to say it but I went there and kinda liked it. The walkways are much, much more open. I would go in there before and leave because it was so congested. I like just a few icons. . . like the giant Mickey hat to show where the hats are. . . the Christmas decorations to show where the holiday merchandise is. The plush area is noted well.… Read more »

Steve A
Steve A

I miss the old “World of Disney”, it was an experience to just look around in it. This inferior new version is so so so boring looking. I don’t need to visit this place anymore. It looks just like any other average outlet store with no frills. Even the ordinary blank faced mannequins look bored.

You wouldn’t even think this is in Disney World, if not for the merch. Instead of Peter Pan flying overhead you now have lame words like “Cuddly” and “Huggable”. I almost puked writing those words.

mark nowak
mark nowak

mIt’s missing ALL Disney charm, but now they can stuff the store with star wars an marvel merchandise that will not conflict with the traditional Disney icons.

Jeff
Jeff

I’m all for whimsical Disney theming.
But the old version was a real pain to visit.
The new version is much less cramped. Much less chaotic.
And much, much better!

Sheryl
Sheryl

The less congested sales floor is nice. The décor coordinates with the Disney Springs industrial vibe, but it has lost the Disney charm. I really miss the artful representations of classic Disney movies that hung from the ceilings. I always loved looking at them and fortunately took quite a few photos a couple years ago. They could have decluttered without removing the things that made it Disney.

Gary L. Huston
Gary L. Huston

It looks a lot different back in the spring & early summer of 06. I was assigned the Snow White room (Infant room) I hope to take a look at the changes later this year. Gary