Try some holiday treats with a Caribbean vibe at Feast of the Three Kings. This holiday kitchen, featured in Showcase Plaza in the World Showcase, is one of the many offerings at this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – running from Nov. 18th through Dec. 30th.
- Pastelón: Sofrito-marinated Beef with Sweet Plantains and Olives (Gluten/Wheat Friendly)
- Queso Fresco-stuffed Arepa topped with Shrimp, Crushed Avocado Aji and Tomato Sauce (Gluten/Wheat Friendly)
- Arepas topped with Melted Queso Fresco (Vegetarian) (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) (Kid-Approved)
- Tres Leches Rice Pudding with Pumpkin Seeds (Gluten/Wheat Friendly)
- Green and White Sugar Cookie (Vegetarian)
- Coquito: Tropical Eggnog (non-alcoholic) (Kid-Approved)
- M.I.A. Beer Company Trey Reyes Mango Golden
- Coquito: Tropical Eggnog with a Bacardi Gold Dark Rum Floater
Pastelón (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) – $5.00
Consisting of sofrito-marinated beef with sweet plantains and olives, this dish was certainly meaty and a good portion for the cost. Think of it as a high-end and better-tasting Hamburger Helper.
Queso Fresco-stuffed Arepa (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) – $5.75
Topped with shrimp, crushed avocado aji and tomato sauce, this is the better of the two arepa offerings, but it’s still bland overall as the arepa itself is not good.
Arepas (Vegetarian) (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) – $4.50
Topped with melted queso fresco, this arepa is very poor and doesn’t even have the elements that the queso fresco-stuffed version has to help it out. Arepas can be amazing – these are, sadly, the opposite of that.
Tres Leches Rice Pudding (Gluten/Wheat Friendly) – $4.25
Garnished with pumpkin seeds, this offering was deceptively small compared to how it’s advertised. It’s a shame, because it was better than the rice pudding from Mexico. But, at this tiny size, forget about it.
Red & Green Sugar Cookie (Vegetarian) – $2.00
This is another cookie on the Festival Cookie Trail and is a rather pretty dessert, but the frosting melts quickly. Overall, it was a rather standard cookie.
A tropical eggnog with a Bacardi Gold dark rum floater, this was more along the lines of RumChata than traditional eggnog. If you love that liqueur, then you’ll like this. If you’re only in it for the eggnog, check out the shake variation at the Refreshment Port.