Throw on your flannel and try some delicacies from “The Great White North” at the Yukon Holiday Kitchen. This holiday kitchen, featured at the Canada pavilion in the World Showcase, is one of the many offerings at this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – running from Nov. 18th through Dec. 30th.
- Seared Salmon with Crown Maple Whisky Glaze, Parsnip Silk, Apple Chutney and Hazelnut Croquant
- Traditional French Canadian Tourtiere with Canadian Ketchup (Kid-Approved)
- Maple Bûche de Noël: Maple Mousse rolled in Gingerbread Chiffon Cake with Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Crumble (Vegetarian) (Kid-Approved)
- Gold Chocolate Chip Cookie (Vegetarian)
- Frozen Coffee (non-alcoholic)
- Unibroue Éphémère Strawberry and Rhubarb
- Inniskillin Riesling Icewine
- Inniskillin Pearl Vidal Icewine
- Inniskillin Gold Oak Icewine
- Ice Wine Flight
- Frozen Coffee with Tap 357 Whisky
Seared Salmon – $5.75
The salmon is served with Crown Maple whisky glaze, parsnip silk, apple chutney and hazelnut croquant. The flavors mixed well and the apple chutney was a standout. Sadly, there just wasn’t enough of the chutney to combine with all bites.
Traditional French Canadian Tourtiere – $5.25
This dish had some flavor, but there was nothing of note that created an impact. Overall, this bland item can be skipped.
Maple Bûche de Noël (Vegetarian) – $4.50
With maple mousse rolled in gingerbread chiffon cake with cranberry sauce and pecan crumble, this isn’t only the best yule log we tried, but one of the best things we had at the whole Festival. Get it!
Gold Chocolate Chip Cookie (Vegetarian) – $2.00
This is another treat on the cookie trail. Like many of the others, it’s a rather standard cookie. It’s nothing special, and there’s no real need to try it if you’re not doing the full trail.
Unibroue Ephemere Strawberry & Rhubarb – $4.50
Unique and tangy, this is a beer well worth your time if you like either strawberry or rhubarb. It had a very organic taste.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!