BREAKING: Walt Disney World Will Not Present a New Nighttime Parade for 50th Anniversary

Despite rumors swirling since the moment that the Main Street Electrical Parade “glowed away”, sources have indicated that Walt Disney World will not present a new nighttime parade by its 50th anniversary in 2021.

The Magic Kingdom’s former permanent nighttime parade, “SpectroMagic”, was famously left outside to rot after it stepped aside for what was supposed to be a short-term return of the Main Street Electrical Parade back in 2010.

Electrical Parade ended up sticking around until Disneyland Resort asked for it back in October 2016, leaving the Magic Kingdom with no nighttime parade. Happily Ever After did debut just a few months later in May 2017, placating most guests for the time being.

While there is no nighttime processional in the works, sources have indicated that new nighttime entertainment is coming for Walt Disney World’s 50th birthday, and in particular, to the Magic Kingdom. We’ll share more information on these with you at a later date.

In the meantime, here’s something to tide you over until further nighttime entertainment is announced: The final performance of SpectroMagic at the Magic Kingdom on June 5th, 2010.

0 0 votes
Mike
Mike

Tbh the parade was the best part of nighttime entertainment. This news makes me incredibly sad

Alaina
Alaina

I honestly don’t get why Disney keeps getting rid of these night parades. They were always my favorite and the lack of one when I visited Disney World recently was very disappointing.

Meg
Meg

This is disappointing :/. SpectroMagic and Paint the Night are my personal favorite shows, let alone parades. It’s sad they aren’t planning on having anything to follow in those footsteps. Could it be that they view it as too expensive? That has become the worst excuse to me. I’d rather see a new nighttime parade and new monorail fleet over a half thrown together toy story land or even Star Wars land. Just my opinion I suppose.

KenR
KenR

I personally find this very disappointing. Wishes, along with SpectroMagic, was the best night time lineup they ever had. The music was beautiful and so was the narration. Happily Ever After is a nice projection show with fireworks but has no emotion and the music is simply, forgettable. It does not adequately replace Wishes or Spectromagic. I know that the parades are labor intensive, they block Main Street and the Hub, and they need crowd control employees, but they are the pinnacle of night time entertainment. It’s so irritating and disappointing.

David
David

I thought for sure we were going to get Paint the Night Parade. But I guess that is not happening. Too bad. Miss the evening parades at Magic Kingdom.

Hilly
Hilly

Hey, just add ANOTHER projection show. That should make everyone happy. No need to come up with something original.

Doug
Doug

Bring back the electric parade!!!!!!! Best parade

SJames
SJames

I was a frequent participant in the SpectroMagic parade during my stent as a Cast Member and it truly saddens me my children will never be able to see it in person. The nighttime parades are what set Disney apart from any other amusement park, and your local holiday parade (I come from Louisiana too, and that’s saying something with Mardi Gras!). Disney needs to get back to it’s roots and invest more back into the entertainment budget, circa 2005. Bring back parades in all 4 parks, extra character sets with more characters, and streetmosphere. One or two dance parties… Read more »

JCPjnero
JCPjnero

Unfortunately, our Magic Kingdom in Florida always ends up getting the worst decisions from the company. The most visited theme park in the world and yet it does not feel like it from the attention it gets from the company. Instead we keep on getting these extra night events for extra money. Just take this summer as an example, usually this park used to close late on summer nights. Now most days it is closing for an extra ticket event and not even with extra magic hours in the evening. A night parade would mean closing the park later and… Read more »

Brian Guy
Reply to  JCPjnero

Extensive evening hours won’t return until people stop buying these hard-ticket events. I loathe them as much as anyone, but I can’t blame Disney for expanding them as long as they’re selling them out. We joke about “because money”, but money directs the flow of business.

Uncle Mike
Uncle Mike

And how do you know this for a fact??