Walt Disney World Resorts Now Charging Handling Fees For Front Desk and In-Room Grocery Deliveries

For those of you who enjoy the convenience of using Instacart or Amazon Prime to deliver groceries and other last-minute necessities (lookin’ at you, phone chargers) to your Disney resort hotel room, you will now have to budget in an additional expense to the service.

According to Walt Disney World resorts will now charge a $6.00 handling fee (per order) for all in-room deliveries, as well as for any package or grocery holds received through the front desk.

The Mail Services tab on the Walt Disney World Resort website states the following:

For now, the only way to avoid incurring a fee is by meeting your delivery person or courier at the lobby or out front.

This change came into effect as of April 1st. Before then, packages received at the front desk would incur a $5 handling fee, but now, both packages and groceries will incur the $6 handling fee. Note that this is not per bag, but per order.

Will this affect your tendency to “order in” at your resort hotel, or do you feel that $6 is a fair fee, given the greater popularity of grocery and package delivery in recent years? Sound off in the comments below.

Janet
Janet
1 year ago

Consider the fiasco we experienced at art of Animation in March with our amazon prime now order; I’d gladly pay this fee BUT only if it’s delievered to the room in a timely manner … not 12 hrs later like what happened to us. Otherwise, I’ll just meet the driver and get myself

Jarrett
Jarrett
1 year ago

This is kinda BS most of the packages being delivered go to valet or bell services but mainly valet. Very few go to the front desk. Instacart, Garden Grocer, Amazon, Publix, and even the guy with the purple owner lockers, DO NOT GO TO THE FRONT DESK! Many vendors know the codes to access luggage rooms, makes yea think about safety? The grocery deliveries have to sign in at bell services they store their own stuff in the luggage rooms (incorrectly most of the time). This is another horrible BS money grab by Disney. What makes it worse is at… Read more »

John
John
Reply to  Jarrett

So what does that mean for Garden Grocer and Owner’s Locker? I have both already setup for my May trip at Ft Wilderness Cabins. They get charged now, or are you saying they don’t because they go through a different way?

Ken
Ken
1 year ago

Here is another way to avoid the fee: Amazon has a program (I believe caked Key) which works with some cars and allows Amazon to deliver packages to the trunk of your car in certain areas. I can’t speak for all of WDW, but when we were at AKL last year, that was within the service area. Obviously this wouldn’t work so well for perishable food given how hot a parked car can get in the Florida sun.

Deborah Koss
1 year ago

Does include packages bought at the parks if you want to have them delivered instead of carrying them around all day. We are staying at the Contreatmary Hotel. Please replay for my husband and I will be arriving on April 26, 2019 through May 3, 2019. Thank you Mrs Deborah Koss

Marian
Marian
Reply to  Deborah Koss

No. The package delivery for park merchandise hasn’t changed. This is package delivery from outside sources that resorts are handling at an increasing rate.

Anita
Reply to  Deborah Koss

No, merchandise sent to your resort does not incur a fee. You pick up your items at the merchandise location within your resort. Remember you must have your green receipt, which is given to you by the merchandise location where you made your purchase, to pick up your items.

Cristina Smith
Cristina Smith
Reply to  Deborah Koss

No, delivery of packages from parks to Disney resorts has always been a free service provided when you stay in a Disney hotel

Robbin Ward
Robbin Ward
Reply to  Deborah Koss

My family stayed at the Polynesian last year and when we had gifts purchased at the parks they delivered to the gift shop,no charge,not unless this has changed.

Leslie
Leslie
Reply to  Deborah Koss

Good Lord, don’t go giving them any ideas on what to upcharge us for next!

Chase Lisman
Chase Lisman
1 year ago

Does the few apply to items you have sent to your resort from the parks? Like, say for example I bought a large amount of stuff at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom, and had it sent to the resort. Would I have to pay that fee, or is that still an included amenity for staying at a Disney Resort?

Blake Herrington
Blake Herrington
1 year ago

Another reason to consider alternatives. Love Disney and own DVC membership. Am considering selling as the upcharges, ticket fees etc. are simply getting out of hand.

Leslie
Leslie
1 year ago

same exact feeling here. They are nickel and diming the magic away.

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

All this is going to mean is that the CMs delivering the items won’t get tipped.

But the question is: Does this fee get waived for DVC members staying on points like the package fee does?

Gregory Ginn
Gregory Ginn
1 year ago

Next year a ” Per Flush” fee will be accessed at each Disney Resort.

Maria Silva
Maria Silva
1 year ago

Seems very fair and reasonable.

Chutulu
Chutulu
1 year ago

It will mean that I will use amazon locker if I need stuff delivered and go pick it all up early AM like I did last time at Whole Foods- not challenging but no fees

John
John

Laziness ain’t free!

Jennifer
Jennifer
Reply to  John

How is having groceries delivered WHILE ON VACATION lazy? Most people that stay at Disney use their transportation. You can’t just go to the store and get whats needed?

Nicole
Nicole
1 year ago

I feel like Disney is super into nickel and diming their guests now.

Tim
Tim
1 year ago

I remember an old man in the concrete business telling me one day when things are good frack the people as much as you can they’ll keep coming back for more.

Shawn H.
Shawn H.
1 year ago

Really I have no issue with this fee being added. As a guest you are ordering in from a service and asking the Disney cast members to receive and hold the items for you. This is an additional labor that should be compensated. The convenence is well worth $6 to me to not have to leave my vacation and still get what I need in a timely manner.

SDawson
SDawson
1 year ago

I just wonder if it’s going to the people that bring it to the rooms. I always tip and $6 seems small in the budget of a Disney vacation but I would want it to go to the employees.

Bill
Bill
1 year ago

It would be nice to know where the $6 fee is going. if it’s going straight to the corporate bottom line, then I’m not very happy with it. However, if it is going to the cast members who always provide such great service, then I’m okay with it.

Marie guzman
Marie guzman
1 year ago

Does that mean even stuff you buy at the parks???

Cristina Smith
Cristina Smith
Reply to  Marie guzman

Delivery of packages from Disney parks to Disney resorts has always been a free service provided by Disney when you are staying at a Disney resort property. I believe this charge is due to the loss of money they have occurred because you are not buying food from them and the extra workload of delivering so many packages.

Tina
1 year ago

Disney is getting to greedy!!😡

John
John
1 year ago

Every time we stay at a resort hotel we spend several thousand dollars there. Six bucks is not going to break anyone but clearly, some people must be abusing the concierge and being a douche by not tipping for services.

keith groshans
keith groshans
1 year ago

What about grocery deliveries (Garden Grocer) typically, left at the bell desk, not the front desk? When they first implemented the $5 fee, those deliveries were exempt.