One of the many perks of being a Disney Vacation Club Member is the ability to pool hop on property. However, there is a short list of resorts where pool hopping is not permitted, and it looks like Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has just joined that list.
Thanks to DVCNews.com, we’ve learned of this recent change that excludes DVC Members not staying at Grand Floridian from using both the Beach Pool and the Courtyard Pool.
Here is the comprehensive list of resorts that do not allow for DVC Members to pool hop:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – pools
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay
Of course, there are still many other pools on property that DVC Members can hop between, like pretty much every resort pool that is not listed above.
However, there are the blackout dates that members should be aware of. The following holiday time frames restrict DVC Members from pool hopping due to larger than usual crowds:
- Friday, May 24, 2019 through Monday, May 27, 2019 (Memorial Day)
- Sunday, June 30, 2019 through Saturday, July 6, 2019 (Fourth of July)
- Friday, August 30, 2019 through Monday, September 2, 2019 (Labor Day)
- Monday, November 25, 2019 through Saturday, November 30, 2019 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, December 20, 2019 through Thursday, January 2, 2020 (Christmas & New Years)
There’s no word yet on whether or not the newly built, unopened, DVC Resorts will offer pool hopping, so stay tuned for future announcements regarding Disney’s Riviera Resort and Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.