disneys Hollywood Studios tower of terror

FastPass Tiers Changing at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 29 for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

Big changes are coming to the FastPass+ tier system at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 29th.

On the same day that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at the park, nearly all rides, including Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash, Toy Story Mania, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, will become Tier 1 attractions, meaning guests will only be able to pre-select one of these attractions as a FastPass+ reservation in advance of their visit to the park. The lone exception is Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, which will remain a Tier 2 attraction. Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, which will open the same day, will not have FastPass+ available at opening.

All shows, including For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along, Muppet*Vision 3D, and the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular will remain Tier 2 attractions. Guests will be able to pre-select two of these attractions as a FastPass+ reservation in advance of their visit to the park.

The full listing of attractions on both tiers as of August 29th are as follows (attractions that have had their tier status changed are listed in bold):

Tier 1

Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Mania!, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

Tier 2

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney Junior Dance Party!, For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Muppet*Vision 3D, Fantasmic!, Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage

We will update you as we learn more about this story.

MORE:

FastPass+ Will Not Be Initially Offered for Rise of the Resistance Attraction in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

Height Requirements Announced for Millennium Falcon and Rise of the Resistance Rides, No FastPass Offered on Smugglers Run at Open

Multiple Experience Option For FASTPASS Discontinued, Replacement FASTPASS With Tiers Goes Into Effect on Disneyland App

Jake
Jake
11 months ago

What is your source for this information?

Christa
Christa
11 months ago

Well, tier 2 is essentially useless now. With the exception of Star Tours, you I’ve never needed Fastpasses for the shows.

Jean MacFarland
Jean MacFarland
Reply to  Christa

exactly what I was going to say

jerad
jerad
11 months ago

It seems they are wanting to pack non-SWGE visitors into less popular attractions that can hold large crowds.

Brendon Yarian
Brendon Yarian
11 months ago

Not a fan of these changes.

joe fabeets
joe fabeets
11 months ago

people seem to a have a big trust issue with your announcements, it would be helpful if you listed or cited actual sources. anytime i share one of your articles in a group i get eaten alive

Chris simmons
Chris simmons

Hi Matthew,

What happens if you’ve already booked or will have booked your fast passes for when this new tier system is implemented?

Will you be allowed to swap them or will you simply lose them?

Kind regards
Chris

Jill
Jill
Reply to  Chris simmons

Bookings won’t begin for FP after implementation so it shouldn’t affect you. FP won’t be available until July 2nd for anything after the change.

Customer Service
Customer Service
Reply to  Chris simmons

60 day booking window is not possible yet. You can’t have fast pass already.

KARTER LANDON
KARTER LANDON
11 months ago

Bull. You could have a 25 day reservation at a hotel and be able to choose fastpasses now.

Jeff Miller
Jeff Miller
Reply to  Chris simmons

Since you can only book 60 days out, nobody will have booked for late august. Once the windows opens, you’ll simply book under the new rules.

Disneyguy
Disneyguy
Reply to  Chris simmons

Based on posts in forums from Club Level guests (who can purchase additional FP+ and the ability to book 90 days out), Disney is already enforcing the new tiers when you book FP+ for August 29 or later. My guess is that this will be publicly disclosed somewhere around June 16 which is the absolute earliest that someone could book a FP+ for August 29. Or they may not formally announce it, and simply allow the change to occur.

Alisha Brancheau
Alisha Brancheau
11 months ago

My question is is it going to remain like that for the rest of the season as my family and I are coming end of November early December

Daz
Daz
11 months ago

So basically, you only need 2 FP’s for Hollywood Studios now. Third one is wasted, no matter where you use it. I guess on Little Mermaid/Muppets, because that show is most frequently – tap in, don’t watch the show, then get another FP.

Jayson Lindner
Jayson Lindner
Reply to  Daz

You can only book one Tier 1 at a time so Disney is screwing the pooch again

KARTER LANDON
KARTER LANDON
Reply to  Daz

Correct. Fastpasses are all but useless if you start out in HS now as no tier 2 rides are worth riding.

Robert
Robert
Reply to  Daz

Even with the current system, I’ve only used two FPs on rides. Rock n Roller has a single rider line, don’t need to FP that one and Star Tours usually has 20 minute waits at all times (but I saw the line reach an hour this past week). So it’s always come down to Tower of Terror and either Slinky Dog or Midway Mania depending on which one is actually available at the time, and then I use the third on Fantasmic.

jak
jak
11 months ago

What garbage. “Here’s a bunch of attractions that most people probably don’t want to see, and likely don’t really need a fastpass anyway. Choose 2!”

Lionheart
Lionheart
Reply to  jak

Basically it’s you are only going to be allowed to ride one right you want per day

Stacey
Stacey

This sounds terrible!

Alec
Alec
11 months ago

Can you be more specific from where this is coming from? It’s stated as if it has been announced and doesn’t even cite what type of source it came from. Why is it that WDWNT has-been the only ones reporting these stories?

Jason Diffendal
Admin
Reply to  Alec

We have sources inside the Walt Disney company. Why is it so hard for people to understand that? Does CNN reveal their anonymous sources? Didn’t think so?

Ingrid Lopez
Ingrid Lopez
11 months ago

Jason’s response made me laugh! :-D. No, CNN doesn’t reveal their sources, because their news is fake. Using CNN to justify your news is a terrible idea lol. Your readers, now, believe you less than they already did before you said that. :-D

Brandon S
Brandon S
Reply to  Ingrid Lopez

Right! the only news that is correct is what comes out of Trumps mouth.

Dana
Dana
Reply to  Alec

I wont believe it until it comes from official Disney not this site. They are notorious for posting false info.

Bre
Bre
Reply to  Alec

They aren’t the only ones reporting this. If you don’t like this site then go elsewhere. Why be jerks? And yeah Fox News is so accurate 🤣

Matt J Albrecht
Matt J Albrecht
11 months ago

Can’t afford to take my family to Disney anymore. Walt would not approve.

Chris Hughes
Chris Hughes
11 months ago

One more reason to not go anywhere near that place for at least a year.

JohnsSister
11 months ago

I want SO badly to go back to WDW! I read about all of the changes going on and think to myself, I want it to stay exactly as my last time there! I was a very late(old) visitor. I went with someone who knew how to get around. I had a miserable time! Then just 3 months later, I went with some girlfriends. I fell in love with the place! My Super Hopper Pass payed for itself. I found myself a guest 3 times a year, 2 weeks at a time. I am full of beautiful and somewhat naughty… Read more »

Kevin
Kevin
11 months ago

If this is true, as far as I am concerned there are only 2 parks I will be using fastpasses for now.

Jill
Jill
11 months ago

We booked our trip in January for the first week of September to avoid SWGE madness. Then Disney moved opening. Now that we get only 1 good FP at HS I am ready to dump the trip. Problem is we bought after hours tickets for MK and AK. Rapidly becoming the saddest place on earth.

Customer Service
Customer Service
11 months ago

Wow. Fastpass+ is the most useless garbage. Can we have legacy or Maxpass PLEASE.

Richard
Richard
11 months ago

I heard this was only for the Club Level Extra FPs, not the general FPs.

Kevin
Kevin
Reply to  Richard

Since we aren’t 60 days out from the booking windows for general FPs nobody knows for sure.

jak
jak
Reply to  Richard

Historically the club level purchased fastpasses did not have *any* tiering restrictions. I used them 6 months ago. The only restrictions were you had to purchase at least 3 days (not necessarily consecutive) and you couldn’t double up on fastpasses for the same attraction. I would find it highly unlikely they suddenly implemented a very significant restriction like this only on the purchased passes (discourages guests from buying). I think it’s more likely that the restrictions came up when actually booking the fastpasses. You have to talk to a cast member to book or modify these purchased passes, and they… Read more »

Bradlee Widrig
Bradlee Widrig

Tier 2 is garbage…

Ashley
Ashley
11 months ago

Disney customer service didn’t know about this and just said the generic “ I’m not aware and there has been no announcements at this time “
Club level guests who purchase star fast passes and are able to book 90 days in advance are the ones who are reporting this change in tier when swge opens !
They are really trying to keep people occupied with wonderful attractions like muppets or mermaid or waiting in extra lines !!