Just announced at this year’s D23 Expo, an exclusive partnership has been wrought between Target and Disney, and the two companies are coming together for a project that includes the launch of 25 Disney stores within select Target stores nationwide on October 4, with 40 additional locations opening by October 2020.
The Disney store at Target will feature more than 450 items including toys, games, apparel and accessories—with more than 100 products that were previously only available at Disney retail locations. Guests will find favorites like Disney Princess, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Junior characters, Classic Disney plush, apparel, home and holiday products, along with collectibles like the Disney Animators’ Collection.
Disney store at Target will offer a welcoming and engaging shopping experience for the entire family, with music, interactive displays, photo opportunities and a seating area where families can relax and watch Disney movie clips and Park events.
Over at Target.com/Disneystore, you can already see some preliminary categories set up for the online Disney Store at Target experience.
The full site launches on October 4th.
Also briefly announced at the Expo, a proposed new Target location will open at the western entrance to Walt Disney World at the Flamingo Crossings Town Center in 2021. This new Flamingo Crossings Target store will bring the convenience of Target shopping to Disney park guests.
Disney store at Target will open in October in the following 25 Target stores:
- Allen North #2516 (Allen, Texas)
- Austin NW #1797 (Austin, Texas)
- Bozeman #1237 (Bozeman, Mont.)
- Brighton #922 (Brighton, Mich.)
- Chicago Brickyard #1924 (Chicago, Ill.)
- Clearwater #1820 (Clearwater, Fla.)
- Denver Stapleton #2052 (Denver, Colo.)
- Edmond #1398 (Edmond, Okla.)
- Euless #1368 (Euless, Texas)
- Houston North Central #1458 (Spring, Texas)
- Jacksonville Mandarin #1300 (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Keizer #2110 (Keizer, Ore.)
- Lake Stevens #1331 (Lake Stevens, Wash.)
- Leesburg #1874 (Leesburg, Va.)
- Loveland #1178 (Loveland, Colo.)
- Maple Grove North #2193 (Maple Grove, Minn.)
- Mobile West #1376 (Mobile, Ala.)
- Murrieta #1283 (Murrieta, Calif.)
- New Lenox #2028 (New Lenox, Ill.)
- Pasadena #1396 (Pasadena, Texas)
- Philadelphia West #2124 (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- San Jose College Park #2088 (San Jose, Calif.)
- South Jordan #2123 (South Jordan, Utah)
- Stroudsburg #1260 (Stroudsburg, Pa.)
- Waterford Park #2068 (Clarksville, Ind.)
We look forward to hearing more on this collaboration in the coming months!
Be sure to check out our livestream postshow where we discuss everything that was revealed today at the 2019 D23 Expo!