Lawsuit Claims Guests Staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Ate Lettuce Wraps Containing Live Bugs
Four guests that were staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort claim they consumed lettuce containing live bugs. The lawsuit claims that the guests consumed the live bugs while dining at the resort’s Club Level lounge.
Photos in the 90-page lawsuit show what seems to be live bugs lurking on pieces of lettuce. Cynthia Walker, Jeoffrey Walker, Brittany Walker Figueroa, and Bella Figueroa, from Broward County, are plaintiffs in the lawsuit.
According to the lawsuit, “After consuming multiple lettuce wraps, (Brittany Walker Figueroa) felt something crawling inside of her mouth and removed what appeared to be a small green object that had legs and was moving”. This led to the group becoming “extremely sick” and required multiple trips to a local emergency room for treatment.
The suit is for damages in excess of $15,000 for loss of enjoyment of life, earnings, and medical expenses. A Disney spokesperson reached out to the New York Post and said Disney plans on fighting the suit.