Lawsuit Claims Guests Staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Ate Lettuce Wraps Containing Live Bugs

Four guests that were staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort claim they consumed lettuce containing live bugs. The lawsuit claims that the guests consumed the live bugs while dining at the resort’s Club Level lounge.

Image Credit: New York Post

Photos in the 90-page lawsuit show what seems to be live bugs lurking on pieces of lettuce. Cynthia Walker, Jeoffrey Walker, Brittany Walker Figueroa, and Bella Figueroa, from Broward County, are plaintiffs in the lawsuit.

According to the lawsuit, “After consuming multiple lettuce wraps, (Brittany Walker Figueroa) felt something crawling inside of her mouth and removed what appeared to be a small green object that had legs and was moving”. This led to the group becoming “extremely sick” and required multiple trips to a local emergency room for treatment.

The suit is for damages in excess of $15,000 for loss of enjoyment of life, earnings, and medical expenses. A Disney spokesperson reached out to the New York Post and said Disney plans on fighting the suit.

Featured Image/Source: New York Post

Randyland
Randyland
10 months ago

I found a lady bug and an ant in my lettuce years ago while eating a Sub from a shop at the jersey shore…

I was indeed disgusted, but i did not Sue…

Opened a can of orange soda once and it was full of floating dead ants….

Threw it out but didn’t sue again…

There must be something wrong with me…

Ex F&B Cast
Ex F&B Cast
10 months ago

It took you multiple lettuce wraps to see these ? Uh huh .

Robert
Robert
10 months ago

Something seems off about this. You don’t get sick from eating bugs, certainly not sick enough to warrant multiple trips to the ER. People eat bugs all the time, sometimes forcing themselves to do it when there’s no other option. I can understand throwing up if you realize what you did and don’t like the idea of it, but medical visits? Nah. Also, did they just not bother to look at what they were eating before they put it in their mouth? It’s the first thing I do when I first get a meal. Those bugs in the photo of… Read more »

stadalberts
stadalberts
10 months ago

Well, it doesn’t get any more gross than that!

stadalberts
stadalberts
10 months ago

Florida is notorious for bugs, of ALL kinds. Gotta watch what you eat down here, but it CAN be avoided.

tvnutt
tvnutt
10 months ago

So disgusting!!! The lawsuit I mean. You cannot put a price tag on loss of enjoyment of life, it would not require multiple trips to the E nor loss of earnings. What they called in sick to work saying they ate some aphids and can’t come in??? PUH-LEEZ!

Dustin R Crawley
Dustin R Crawley
10 months ago

They’re aphids. If you eat lettuce you’ve probably eaten them. Gross but harmless. At least it means your lettuce isn’t covered in pesticides.

J P
J P
10 months ago

I found a mouse at Disney World. It was as tall as I am and was wearing a polka dot outfit.

Pat
Pat
10 months ago

My family and I have stayed club level many times over the years at the Polynesian.
The last year or so we have been seeing tons of little gnat like bugs all over the food at the club level service. We reported the problem to staff whom was obviously aware and acknowledged the problem was being taken care of and it’s been an issue for quote a while. We love the Polynesian but this really threw us for a loop especially since the club level service comes at a much higher cost.
Shame, shame, shame!

tvnutt
tvnutt
Reply to  Pat

Wow! That’s disappointing to hear. I wonder why the Poly? We stayed at the Beach and Yacht club levels about 2-3 years ago and did not have any issues. I hope they do take care of it…not cheap to stay at these levels. I would assume other people, like you, would have noticed these bugs.

Robert
Robert
Reply to  Pat

That sounds like fruit flies, a common issue in restaurants that dont keep high cleaning standards.

Nick
Nick
Reply to  Pat

Bugs don’t discriminate, particularly in the tropics. Club Level is more about service and appointments than anything else. Pretty much all of the food comes out of the same kitchen.

Kath
Kath
10 months ago

So with all the food this hotel produces, the only bugs were in the room of this guest? and the only people in the hotel to go to the ER were these people? Yeah…ok.

Dave
Dave
10 months ago

Haha wow. People are always trying to sue. I Hope they don’t win and get a free lettuce instead .

Robert
Robert
10 months ago

How could you NOT see that in your food? Im gonna say this is bogus.

Phoophoo
Phoophoo
10 months ago

People are so ridiculous. Those are aphids, found on many organic plants. Nobody gets sick on those. Just drama queens maybe.