Welcome to a Marketplace Booth review for the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, taking place in the park from August 29 to November 23, 2019. This review will cover the Belgium kiosk located between the Morocco and France pavilions in the World Showcase. This is a one-stop shop for Belgium inspired food this year at the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. (Note that the menu prices do not include tax!)
For our complete coverage of the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, head to our festival landing page here.
Belgium Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2019
Belgium was introduced to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival back in 2010. This year, the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival runs from August 29 – November 23, 2019.
Menu for the Belgium Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Beer-Braised Beef with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes – $5.50
- Golden Malted® Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream (V) – $4.25
- Golden Malted® Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream (V) – $4.25
- Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale (6.6% ABV) – $4.50
- St. Bernardus Witbier (5.5% ABV) – $4.50
- Delirium Red Fruit Beer (8.0% ABV) – $4.50
- Stella Artois Hard Cidre (4.5% ABV) – $4.50
- Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (30 proof, $30/750ml bottle) – $11.00
- Beer Flight – $9.75
Photos of Menu Items from the Belgium Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Beer-Braised Beef with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes – $5.50
Previously, the beer-braised beef was found on a waffle as well. A few years ago, they decided it looked more attractive on mashed potatoes, and we agree. It’s also a lot easier to eat! The beef is ultra-tender and falls apart with a fork, there’s plenty of gravy and mashed potatoes to help soak each other up. It’s an absolutely fantastic dish, albeit not the most photogenic. We recommend checking it out. Actually, we’re going to recommend everything here in Belgium. Check out the other items below!
Golden Malted® Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream – $4.25
The chefs here are making waffles fresh to order making the price tag immediately worth it. There are two varieties, here we have the chocolate ganache. The chocolate is ultra-rich, and turns the waffle and whipped cream into a sweet wonderland.
Golden Malted® Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream – $4.25
And this one is the berry compote version. There’s a much more prevalent topping on this waffle compared to the drizzle of chocolate. Both are really sweet and tasty, it comes down to personal preference. At four dollars a piece, you really can’t go wrong with the freshly-prepared waffles.
Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale (6.6% ABV) – $4.50
From AB InBev: “Leffe Blond is an authentic blond abbey beer with a slight hint of bitterness and a full, smooth and fruity flavour, which is followed by a strong and surprising aftertaste.”
St. Bernardus Witbier (5.5% ABV) – $4.50
From St. Bernardus: “St. Bernardus Wit is famed for its zesty tastes of coriander and orange, with background touches of spicy cloves, fragrant with fruit and citrus. These zingy herbs combine with the creaminess of the wheat to produce a beer that is a masterclass in balance. The mild mouth feel produces a lovely interaction between the sweet malty taste and the refreshing touches of acid to produce a feeling of freshness overall.”
*NEW* Delirium Red Fruit Beer (8.0% ABV) – $4.50
As a fan of beer and of Delirium; I am disappointed that Delirium released this beer. Our group all agreed this was not a good option. Some said it tasted like cough medicine and others said it tasted artificial. This is something you can surely pass on.
Stella Artois Hard Cidre (4.5% ABV) – $4.50
Stella Artois says their Hard Cidre “pairs a soft, apple-y sweetness with a crisp dryness.”
Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (30 proof, $30/750ml bottle) – $11.00
Beer Flight – $9.75
From 2018: Left to right: Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale, St Bernardus Witbeir, St Bernadus Abt 12. This flight is *only* $9, the same cost as every other beer flight at the festival, but the alcohol content of these beers is far higher than the others. Especially that Abt 12 coming in at 10%. These beers are all rich, heavy, and tasty in their own right. St Bernardus is relatively difficult to find on draft so being able to get not just one two two of their beers from a draft is exciting. Don’t miss this flight.
Location of the Belgium Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Belgium Marketplace Booth is located on World Showcase Promenade between the Morocco and France pavilions. Belgium is Number 29 on the map below.
- All of our 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- REVIEW: Belgium at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show