Welcome to a Marketplace Booth review for the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, taking place in the park from August 29 to November 23, 2019. This review will cover the Morocco kiosk located in the Morocco pavilion in the World Showcase. This is a one-stop shop for Moroccan-inspired food during the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. (Note that the menu prices do not include tax!)
For our complete coverage of the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, head to our festival landing page here.
Morocco Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2019
Menu for the Morocco Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- NY Strip Steak Green Shermoula Flatbread with fresh Radish and Tomato Salsa – $9.00
- Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions, Tzatziki, and Chipotle Sauce (V) – $8.00
- Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce – $4.50
- Casa Beer (5.0% ABV) – $4.50
- Laroque Chardonnay, Carcassonne, Languedoc-Roussillon ($12/bottle) – 6.00
- Mimosa Royale: Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice topped with Orange Liqueur – $9.00
- Red Organic Sangria – $7.00
Photos of Menu Items from the Morocco Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
*NEW* NY Strip Steak Green Shermoula Flatbread with fresh Radish and Tomato Salsa – $9.00
Do not be fooled by the presentation here, this flatbread was awful. It was cold. It wasn’t even flatbread, it was a flour tortilla… a tortilla that tasted like it’d resided inside of an open bag for a week and went stale. The steak was cold and chewy.
The salsa was more liquid than solid. It was like leftover water from the salsa, versus the actual salsa. Please don’t get this. Save your money.
Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce – $8.00
These are a Food & Wine classic. The Hummus Fries are very good, and very spicy. These are the same you can get at Spice Road Table.
The word “spicy” was dropped from the name of the Hummus Fries this year, but the overall dish hasn’t really changed. There’s still a slight spiciness to the sauce that tops the three hummus fries, but nothing that would really warrant the description of “spicy.” The vegetable mix on top helps cool things down and balance out the shaped blocks of hummus, making this dish not only unique, but really tasty. When it first premiered in 2016, with more fries and a smaller price tag, we felt this was a no-brainer of a recommendation. However, it’s getting hard to justify the ever-increasing price tag. There were only three of them for $8, so not such a great value here.
Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce – $4.50
Baklava is difficult to make. The pastry takes hours of painstaking prep work requiring skills learned over many years. We would never be able to make the pastry properly. Morocco is not only able to make the pastry, but they make it well. It’s almost too good to be true. Believe the hype, because for the price you get an expertly crafted chocolate baklava that looks and tastes the part. Absolutely recommended.
Casa Beer (5.0% ABV) – $4.50
Nomadic Distribution describes Casa Beer as having an aroma of “light musk and hints of sweetness,” with a taste of “malts and nuts. Crisp and slightly dry. Pleasant, sweet undertones that lingers on the tongue.”
*NEW* Laroque Chardonnay, Carcassonne, Languedoc-Roussillon ($12/bottle) – $6.00
Monsieur Touton Selection, Ltd. describes Laroque Chardonnay: “Aromatic nose of white peaches, white flowers, melons, ginger and toasted brioche bun. Fresh and lively in the mouth with a bright, acidic backbone. Generous length with delicate texture, flinty mineral thread and creamy notes of vanilla, brioche and hazelnut.”
Mimosa Royale: Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice topped with Orange Liqueur – $9.00
Red Organic Sangria – $7.00
Location of the Morocco Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Morocco Marketplace Booth is logically located right next to the Morocco pavilion in World Showcase. Morocco is Number 28 on the map below.
- All of our 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- REVIEW: Morocco at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight 2017
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show