(C) Matthew Cooper Photography - www.thetimethespace.com

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Issues Price Increase on Annual Passes for 2020

In addition to the price increases over at Disneyland, Walt Disney World has also raised prices on Annual Passes overnight. The last time Walt Disney World increased prices on Annual Passes was just a few months ago, in June 2019.

The changes are as follows:

Annual Pass Type Original New
Disney Platinum Plus Pass $1219 $1295
Disney Platinum Pass $1119 $1195
Disney Gold Pass (FL Residents/DVC) $699 $719
Disney Silver Pass (FL Residents) $519 $539
Disney Theme Park Select Pass (FL Residents) $439 $439
Disney Weekday Select Pass (FL Residents) $349 $369
EPCOT After 4 Pass (FL Residents) $304 $319

Do note that for Disney Platinum and Platinum Plus Pass prices, Florida Resident rates have remained the same at $899 and $999, respectively. No increase was noted on either the Water Parks Annual Pass ($139) or the Water Parks After 2 Pass ($89). Guests purchasing Florida Resident Annual Passes who want to opt for the monthly payment plan are now required to pay a $159 down payment.

The Disney Premier Passport, which offers unlimited access to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort theme parks, is all the way up to $2199, plus tax.

To view full pricing, check out the official Walt Disney World annual pass page.

What’s your take on the price increase? Will you be renewing or putting off annual passes for some time? Let us know in the comments!

Moq
Moq

Soon regular day passes will cost $1295

Nicia
Nicia
5 months ago

Being a Floridian I grew up going to Disney all the time so did my first born. Now it’s so sad how Disney has been made for the the rich grownups to show off rather than actsecable to kids. I feel bad and wish I could but my two youngest have not gone.

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Nicia

Can we just take a moment here… That is the first time “accessible” is spelled that way in the history of the internet. Google it. There is only 1 result. Incredible.

Steve
Steve
Reply to  Chris

LMAO!!!

Sue
Sue
Reply to  Chris

Do you feel better now? That comment says a lot more about you than the person you were trying to embarrass.

Reply to  Nicia

Disney is a luxury, not a necessity. Please know the difference. Versus whenever you grew up, Disney is more popular than ever and wants to cash in on it. I don’t consider myself “rich” but I still go?

Brian
Brian
5 months ago

1. Not surprised, 2. Supply and demand. If the entire place is over crowded who wants to be there to stand in super long lines? The price will continue to go up until the ‘herd’ thins out. 3. Please stop arguing that this is not affordable for everyone. Business is business. Good for a successful business that can continue to be profitable while continuing to create groundbreaking experiences.

CJ Yamamoto
CJ Yamamoto
Reply to  Brian

So I’m not allowed to say that I believe the price increase is not affordable for everyone because it’s not. Just plain and simple it’s not affordable for everyone. I’m not saying what they’re doing isn’t good business because Disney knows that will get people to come regardless of any price increase. I can guarantee the people that frequent this sight know exactly what I’m talking about when I say that even though the price increased most of us are all still going. Maybe I wouldn’t argue so much if my wages kept up with the increase in price.

Brian
Brian
Reply to  CJ Yamamoto

You certainly can say it! Unfortunately, not everything in life is meant to be affordable for everyone. Not everything in life is ever going to be affordable for all. If the ticket price were $25 (random amount picked at random) then you would be standing on a several hours long line for every single attraction. If the parks are jam packed with people then Disney can, will and does raise the price to the point that it will slow down the massive crowds of people. They did it with higher demand days and it works. This is basic economics: supply… Read more »

Moq
Moq
Reply to  Brian

It’s pricing out the middle class. If they were worried about crowd control and not money, they would set a lower park capacity.

Reply to  Moq

They’re not worried about crowd control. What’s your point?

Bubbie
Bubbie
5 months ago

Thank goodness we bought those annual passes before the dreadful pricing increase!!!! I mean, a THOUSAND DOLLARS PLUS TAX?!?!? No thanks…😖

Jeremy
Jeremy
Reply to  Bubbie

You do realize it’s for the highest level pass and there are more affordable options….

Rachel
Rachel
Reply to  Jeremy

Except if you don’t live in FL, your only options are Platinum or Platinum Plus, so $1000+

Bradley D Monroe
Bradley D Monroe
Reply to  Rachel

Of course. I never get my annual passes to be any type other than most likely Silver pass because I feel like going to Disney more frequently but I may have some other things to fill on my plate. Silver, Theme Park Select, and Gold really are affordable options but I tend to go for no options but the Silver option for now.

Donna K
Donna K
5 months ago

After this round (already renewed in Jan), I’m done. I don’t like it but they out-priced me. Don’t make enough to keep this up. Sad. Walt would be spinning in his grave if he could see how the company has out priced families to even vacation there.

Gearhart
Gearhart
Reply to  Donna K

Not once did Walt say he wanted a place where everyone could afford to visit, just that he wanted a place whole families could enjoy together. He was a business man and was smart enough to know when demand outstrips the availability of the product you raise prices to thin the demand. The alternative is to let it be a blood bath at the front gates as you close for capacity every single day because your price point is too cheap. Imagine a Rise of the Resistance type scenario. But, instead of failing to secure a boarding group, you’ve paid… Read more »

Peachy
Peachy
Reply to  Donna K

Yep, I’m with you. I live 9 hours away but went ahead and bought my first annual pass last March (2019) since we were going 2-3 times a year anyway. Got my money’s worth in this past year but once it expires in March this year, I’m priced out as well. I originally booked our summer trip to Disney for my grandson and myself for June this year, but with the ridiculous prices of food and everything else, I ended up canceling it and we are now heading to Gatlinburg instead!!!! I was a Disney diehard but not anymore –… Read more »

Robert
Robert
5 months ago

If I were to renew my pass, would I get it for the discount from the price I actually paid for it? I bought my annual pass two price increases ago (in February last year), partly because I read how they reduce the price if you renew within a certain period of time. But if the price to renew is going to be 25% or more higher than what I initially paid for it in the first place, I don’t see a reason to renew. It’d probably be cheaper at this point to just buy the tickets per vacation period.

Disdug
Disdug
Reply to  Robert

The price increase each year usually negates the discount you would have received, and brings you back to what you originally paid for the pass.

Jack C
Jack C
Reply to  Robert

You get a 15% discount based on the current price of the pass, not based on the price you paid

Johnny C.
Johnny C.
5 months ago

I keep thinking there will be a ceiling somewhere…but…nope. I have a feeling it’s coming soon though. Even a die hard like me is finding it hard to keep an annual pass, let alone a regular ticket (Getting more value-less by the year). Two hikes a year is just unsustainable…

BowieSparkles
BowieSparkles
5 months ago

Bummer. Just making it unrealistic for families to afford a trip like Disney. Breaks my heart they are cutting out families because they don’t make a certain tier salary a year. I just want everyone to experience the magic I love so much.

iron mouse
iron mouse
5 months ago

To all complaining, about it being unaffordable, why don’t you learn a skill and get a job that pays more? You know, the thing most of you say when cast members ask to increase their wages.

My thoughts
My thoughts
5 months ago

The annual passes are fairly priced. Quick Service dining is a steal. Snack prices are at a breaking point, with most being a poor value but others fairly priced or even underpriced. Magic Kingdom Parties have gone from underpriced to fair value. After Hours events are a horrible cash grab that reduces the value of day tickets and EMH. Hotel prices are a complete joke compared to other available options. Table Service Dining and Merch are overpriced and not possible to afford on a regular basis for annual pass customers. Just my take. Lack of attraction and show investment, cutbacks… Read more »

Dmom
Dmom
5 months ago

How about adding some incentive with price increase? Id like to see an AP discount on food and dining increase to 20% across the board to match merch discount and to include QS. Disneyland has 15% discount which includes merchandise and all food establishments including quick serve. Having to buy TIW at $150.00+ for Ap or DVC to get a 20% discount which also adds the 18% tip before discount. (So you basically are getting your tip included, after you make up your purchase for the card, since we leave 20%) can be of some help but why not just… Read more »

G Q
G Q
5 months ago

Well, I WAS gonna buy a Platinum Plus Pass, today (seriously, my phone reminded me this morning). I had two upcoming Disney trips planned for March(Golf trip) and May (Family trip), so it was SOMEWHAT justifiable. Well, the small increase was enough to change my mind. I’ve cancelled the golf trip and will buy regular tickets for the family trip, instead.

Reply to  G Q

Classic outcome of what Disney wants to happen. There’s more profit behind regular tickets than AP.

guest
guest
5 months ago

I wouldn’t mind the increases as much if we were getting more in return. However it seems to be cutback after cutback in the parks. All the little extras that I loved are disappearing. Cast moral is awful, and that also affects the overall experience. Food is getting worse, less choices all the time. And yet, I find myself wanting to go back. What is wrong with me?

Reply to  guest

There’s actually more food choices than ever before. And there’s nothing wrong with you. You’re just failing to see the real reasons why you like Disney.

carlos
carlos
5 months ago

No More Disney. I am not taking out a Loan to visit Disney. That is NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY PRICING.

Reply to  carlos

Then don’t go?

Mandy, yes, that one
Mandy, yes, that one
5 months ago

This may be price increase of 2020 part 1. The year is still young.

Bradley D Monroe
Bradley D Monroe
5 months ago

As a Florida resident I tend to go for the Silver Pass because it feels more worth going than having a platinum pass or at least a gold pass and not having the time to go to Epcot more than 4 times every year depending on if I have time.

5 months ago

You know the people who only go to church once per year on Christmas? It’s the same people who only come to comment on this price increase article once per year.

Moira222
Moira222
5 months ago

I’ve been enjoying WDW for years now. Some with an AP and more without. The crowd levels are telling a different story than the woes listed here. Yes, it is expensive. Do I love the higher prices? not really, but I also don’t love 2 hour lines for Flight of Passage, so maybe the ticket prices should be higher still! You’re paying for so much more than just “rides” – if you want to go on “rides”, go to Cedar Point or 6 Flags. WDW admission is constant entertainment and service for the entire time you are in the parks,… Read more »

Brenda McBroom
Brenda McBroom
5 months ago

When they did their huge price increase on annual passes last year, we dropped ours. The old price was worth it if we went twice a year, but last year we only went once and this year will be the same. We have not been to Universal in many years and with all the excessive changes WDW is doing to the parks, Universal will be getting part of our vacation funds this year.

Zoltar the Decimator
Zoltar the Decimator
5 months ago

I’ll probably renew our family’s theme park select passes. It really isn’t a bad option for Florida residents. It requires a bit more planning to navigate around blackout days, but we have been really satisfied with it. We try to make sport of avoiding the crowds anyway when we go. Odds are that we would not choose to go on most of the blackout days anyway. I’m glad that the theme park select pass did not increase. We have had the silver pass before and we are finding that the cheaper option is better for us.