We’ve got great news for fans of Star Wars gaming! According to comicbook.com, the exciting podracing game “Star Wars Episode I: Racer” is soon to be re-released on Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4, complete with modernized controls.
The news was broken this week at a Nintendo Direct Mini presentation. Originally beloved on the classic N64 console, “Star Wars Episode I: Racer” allows players to build, customize and race their own podracers, just like Anakin in The Phantom Menace. The game will feature many courses throughout the Star Wars universe, definitely including that iconic path through Tatooine! From the designing, to the maintenance and racing of the vehicles, “Racer” makes the perfect game for racing game and Star Wars fans alike.
- 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
- Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
Star Wars provided a first look at Star Wars Episode I Racer game scenes:
Although we’ve not heard a date or price for the game yet, we hope that it will arrive on the Nintendo eShop soon. Did you play this late ’90s classic game? Let us know in the comments!
Are you a gamer? Make sure you check out these other neat Disney-related video game articles: