BREAKING: Walt Disney World Reveals Shortened Park Hours Ahead of Phased Reopening; Extra Magic Hours Listed

Walt Disney World has updated its park hours on the My Disney Experience app ahead of phased theme park reopenings. Hours are understandably reduced given the circumstances of the reopening, but interestingly enough, Special Ticketed Events and Extra Magic Hours (for Disney resort hotel guests) are still listed. Shorter hours make sense in this situation given the lack of parades and shows. Also given that park capacity will be limited, wait times are expected to be shorter, meaning you could potentially do way more in less time given the new setup.

You can check out the park hours for the first week of operations below, starting with Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom reopening on Saturday, July 11, followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Wednesday, July 15. Hours on the Walt Disney World website have also been updated.

Notify of
guest

Alex Long
Alex Long
1 month ago

How will the required masks factor into roller coasters and fast rides like Space Mountain and Rock ‘n Roller Coaster (when Hollywood Studios opens), let alone at the water parks as it looks like they’ll be open?

Jayne
Jayne
1 month ago
Reply to  Alex Long

I laughed this morning when I read that Japan is saying “no screaming” on roller coasters.

Robert
Robert
1 month ago
Reply to  Alex Long

And Splash Mountain. That ride will destroy any mask.

David Schroeder
David Schroeder
1 month ago

Thank you for this! Other posts indicate that the water parks *won’t* open at all, so seeing those hours are surprising, too.

Harry
Harry
1 month ago

The hours extend to Halloween then the November and December hours say they are unavailable

Jack
Jack
1 month ago

So glad I cancelled my August vacation @ WDW last month. Such limited access to things, the new rules and such. Glad I got my full refund, will wait till things change in the future before coming back.

Danna
Danna
1 month ago

Not paying full price for half the experience. Besides not wearing a mask on my children. And where’s the magic. Cancelled for this year.

Robert
Robert
1 month ago

While it’s nice to (potentially) do more in less time, because of the social distancing aspect, the wait times may actually be the same for many rides, if not longer for some. I can see Haunted Mansion easily being a 3 hour wait, especially if they keep the pre-show element. Also, so parks close at 7 or 8 PM. What are we expected to do after then? And then what about the parks that open at 10 AM? We’re spending all this money to just watch TV at our hotel, something we can easily do at home? There’s no reason… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Robert