Some Annual Passholders with Resort Guest Reservations Not Allowed to Make Additional Disney Park Pass Selections

Early on this morning with the launch of the Disney Park Pass system for Annual Passholders, we came across an interesting issue with the reservation process. After booking theme park reservations for our respective resort stays earlier in the week, we weren’t sure whether we’d also get our allotted 3 Annual Passholder reservations in addition to those.

Upon attempting to make additional reservations today, we found that we were only able to make one reservation before receiving the “Not So Fast” error page on the Park Pass system.

Some Annual Passholders have reported not being able to make any additional theme park reservations outside of the ones they were able to make tied to their resort booking. (Meanwhile, other APs have been able to make additional reservations, so your mileage may vary.)

Disney states the following on its Annual Passholder “Know Before You Go” page:

“All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay.”

It seems Annual Passholders are ultimately limited to either 3 Disney Park Pass reservations or a set number of reservations allotted through a resort booking.

If you’re an Annual Passholder and have theme park reservations made through a resort booking already, you may be blocked from making an additional 3 reservations. Availability is going extra fast for Annual Passholders, so this may be Disney’s way of regulating theme park reservations.

Are you an Annual Passholder that was unable to secure additional reservations today? Let us know in the comments.

3.7 3 votes
Notify of
guest

Mathews Schroder
Mathews Schroder
9 days ago

yes I was and I don’t have a resort. I’m AP only platinum plus to be exact. I email them quick it took till after 730am to get my 3 days. My birthday was sold out by time I got in and was not happy.

Michelle
Michelle
9 days ago

I am not able to make my reservations but I do currently have 4 made so that doesnt make sense. but I confirmed with 3 different cast members on Monday when I made my reservations that I would be able to make my 3 outside of my resort reservations.

TimF
TimF
9 days ago

I was able to make 8 reservations for my 10 day stay for my August resort stay but only able to pick 2 days for my off site stay in October

Cassie
Cassie
9 days ago

Hmm…. I have 4 resort reservations (September, November, January, February) with park passes and I just made an annual pass reservation no problem. Seems like another glitch.

Joseph
Joseph
9 days ago

So I woke up at 5am. And was on my laptop at 6:25am and I was able to get 3 days with no problem at all. But my sister in law I couldn’t get her to join us yet back in March we booked fast passes together and she’s an annual passholder and disney vacation club member. So I tried to call at 6:50 and there not open. I called at 7:00 “sorry all lines are busy” but was shocked that I was able to get the days I need so fast and shocked the site didn’t crash this time.… Read more »

JoAnn
JoAnn
9 days ago

I could not make any additional reservations this morning. Very frustrating though, when I see on Instagram that other apps have been able to make additional ones.

Cassie
Cassie
9 days ago

Okay, I am finished parking my park pass reservations. I have my resort reservations and THREE annual passholder reservations.. 2 in August and 1 in September. I hope other guests can comment and see if they’re able to do it also.

marissa ross
marissa ross
9 days ago

I have a resort stay in july 2020. I have 2 park passes booked for myself then. I was also, just now, able to book 3 more park passes for myself and my daughter for dates in august and september. no problems.

Justin
Justin
9 days ago

According to the availability calendar, they are also giving preference to resort guests. It shows availability for resort guests for July 11-15th, but nothing is available for Annual Passholder without a resort reservation as of 8:30 am on June 26th.

Njb
Njb
9 days ago

Wasn’t able to make any Passholder park reservations since we made our ones that included resort stay (on Monday)

Elaine
Elaine
9 days ago

Yes I’m one of those passholders that couldn’t book any more park reservations due to the fact that I have Resort reservations in September.
But, passholders be on the look out for an email that will give you an invitation for registration on July 9th & 10th for the Passholder Preview days.

Karla Ables
Karla Ables
9 days ago

This is happening to me … so upsetting cuz my reservation for the resort are not until September

nemo
nemo
9 days ago

I had a similar issue. I cancelled my Epcot reservation to get a Hollywood studios slot. however, because I had a reservation, it wouldn’t let me get access to the AP pool of reservations for Hollywood Studios. on Chat with help now after 90 minutes, we’ll see what happens

teco
teco
9 days ago

I have 17 DVC resort park passes and I was able to book my 3 additional AP passes this morning. Seems to be another IT issue for Disney.

teco
teco
4 days ago
Reply to  teco

Update: I’ve actually been able to make 5 AP park pass reservations on days I don’t have room reservations. Not sure if I could keep going or not but there definitely are glitches in their system with all kinds of different results.

Lulu
Lulu
9 days ago

This happened to me this morning 😡. I am a platinum pass holder and I am beyond frustrated with DISNEY!!!!!

Diane
Diane
9 days ago

I have two resort stays upcoming. I am also a Annual Passholder. For the first stay, I was able to book park reservations for the length of stay. For the second stay, I was only able to book one park day and received the message “Not so fast”. I thought we could book park reservations for the entire stay.

Gabriella
Gabriella
9 days ago

Hello! So I have a resort reservation for March 2021 that I was able to book yesterday after having questions answered by a cast member. I woke up early and was at the ready at 7am for AP availability for my trip in July but was only able to make 2 days. Maybe once APHs get the email for the preview days that will count as the last one? Currently on hold for the 2nd time, as my first call got dropped.

Mindy
Mindy
9 days ago

I am so furious at this. so I book a room for February, get park passes for my trip. Now I get to pay a monthly payment for the privilege of not going to the parks until February. How is this at all fair?

Christine
Christine
9 days ago

Yes I am a FL resident AP and being able to only get 3 reservations is so unfair. I pay to have no blockouts and am not getting what I am paying for. This is one area Universal is doing things better than Disney. I will be spending more time at Universal I guess this year.

Shelby
Shelby
9 days ago

Then why have an AP and a resort reservation?