Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update that Hotel Reservations Do Not Guarantee Theme Park Access

Today, Disney released a slew of new policies and updates that will be coming to the resort once it opens on July 11th.

We knew that Disney would be putting in place a new reservation system that meant in order to visit a theme park, you needed valid theme park admission as well as a reservation for the park that day.

Today, Disney released that even if you have a reservation and are staying at an on-site hotel, that does not guarantee theme park admission.

Theme Park Admission COVID-19 Park Walt Disney World Resort Reservation

While this is surprising news, we’ll do our best to keep you updated as Disney releases more information as we get closer to the parks reopening.

JustJessee
JustJessee
3 months ago

This is a bad step. There needs to be MUCH more clarification on this statement by Disney. If you have customers on site, paying $100s of dollars per day at your resort, they should absolutely have prioritization of getting into the parks (with a valid, purchased ticket). This is a bad move.

Robert
Robert
3 months ago

I was just informed of some special news…What’s really awesome is that there’s no such thing as a 15% discount for AP renewal. Yeah, there’s a discount, but it’s 15% off the current price, NOT 15% off the price that YOU paid, which is the opposite of what I was led to believe from multiple videos and blogs that distinctly said you get a 15% discount for renewal as a means to entice you to come back the next year. Well, this definitely does NOT entice me. It’s awesome that the price went up twice in the period between the… Read more »

Last edited 3 months ago by Robert
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
3 months ago

This is stupid will they refund your money if you don’t get use your park tickets you bought already

Natasha
Natasha
3 months ago

Ummm it will be a cold day in hell before I slap down 3000$ for a trip to WDW to if I can’t be gaurunteed to get into the theme parks if I’m staying inside! I think WDW has gone crazy! Whom in their right mind would fly from far and away to sit in a hotel room? Wtf Disney! Get your sh*t together or you’re just going to have passholders at your parks! But maybe that’s how they want it? Then again if pass holder need reservations they may stop renewing their passes too!

Kelly
Kelly
3 months ago

REALLY?! I have reservations to stay at a resort in July and got plane tickets way back in January and now being told I may not be able to purchase a park ticket. That makes no sense. I’m flying from Pittsburgh to just stay at a resort. I am not happy. If I knew this sooner I would have canceled. You think disney resort guest with reservations would get priority. Again both disney resort and plane tickets purchased in January. I was going to cancel all in May but heard may open in June or July so I waited and… Read more »

Last edited 3 months ago by Kelly
Veronica
Veronica
3 months ago

I think what they meant is you need a reservation and a ticket. Meaning your resort doesn’t guarantee you entry. However, resort guests will get access to the reservation system before annual pass holders.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Veronica

Resort guests who had their trip moved…

KiethKayman
3 months ago

Hey come on down, you’ll pay thru the nose for your room but roll the dice on park admission. Great marketing strategy piss off the die hards.

Brad
Brad
3 months ago

I think they need to clarify. I wonder if that means “does not guarantee access to ANY theme park“, as in you may not be able to go anywhere at all; or if it means “does not guarantee access to A SPECIFIC theme park”, as in you may not be able to go to Magic Kingdom on that day, but might still be able to go to Epcot.   As a local, this will pretty much never apply to me, but if I was staying onsite, I’d expect a guarantee that I could go SOMEWHERE every day that I was… Read more »

Tom
Tom
Reply to  Brad

This reminds me of a Charlie Brown Halloween in which every house he goes to trick-or-treat he gets a rock instead of piece of candy.

In this situation you would book the Grand for 5 nights and get guaranteed admittance to one of the four parks, the caveat is that it’s Animal Kingdom each day.

Ah, no thanks Mickey, I’d rather visit Cedar Point this year or a National Park.

bob
bob
3 months ago

Wrong, wrong, wrong! A family just spends thousands to go there and now there is a good chance they won’t get to the parks…major rip-off. Go somewhere else.

Maryia Krzyminski
Maryia Krzyminski
3 months ago

If you stay on resort then you should be garented to go to the park. If not refund the $ for that day

Chris
Chris
3 months ago

So I am supposed to fly to Florida in November, when we have on-site reservations, in the hopes we can get in? Doesn’t sound fair.

Patrick
Patrick
3 months ago

Staying in the resort has never guaranteed entry into a park, park tickets are not included in a resort stay, and there is always the possibility of the parks hitting capacity and not being able to admit anyone else until someone leaves. All that has changed is that the maximum capacity of the parks has been reduced.