BREAKING: Disney’s Live-Action “Mulan” to be Released on Disney+ for $29.99

Disney has announced that the live-action Mulan will be coming to Disney+ on a “premium basis”, charging subscribers $29.99 for viewing access. The price is not a one-time rental charge and will grant Disney+ subscribers with continuous access to the film for as long as they remain subscribers to the service.

The film will be available starting September 4. Pricing will vary slightly in other countries, and theatrical releases will be available based on local health and safety guidelines in certain areas.

Mulan was originally scheduled for release on March 27. Disney then delayed it to July 24 and then August 21 before delaying the release indefinitely prior to this announcement.

You can watch the final Mulan trailer, which was released in February, here.

Notify of
guest

Catie
Catie
1 month ago

And your sources for this are what? If you want you be a credible writer then you should cite where you get your info.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Catie

Ummm, the CEO of the Walt Disney Company said it…

Robert
Robert
1 month ago

LOL Chapek is really doing this? A $7 ticket for a movie that was going to flop (at least critically) is now a $30 viewing? Why the hell are they charging us to watch something on a service we’re already subscribing to?

Lyle
Lyle
Reply to  Robert

I highly doubt it would have flopped. The movie was well received at the premiere back in March and it had generated a ton of buzz. It would have been a big hit especially if it was released as planned when it had the bix office to itself. I don’t know anyone that was not excited for it.

Mark Hartman
Mark Hartman
1 month ago

This is a really dumb idea, Disney. We’re already paying for Disney+. If you put something up on Disney+ that I now have to pay MORE for, I will likely not renew Disney+. I don’t like it when people change the rules after I’ve paid the money. (MoviePass, anyone?)

Matt Schaak
Matt Schaak
1 month ago

Asinine. I live alone and I don’t think I’d pay $30 for my FAVORITE movie, let alone one that I’ve never seen, that I can only watch for 48 hours, and that’s on top of my normal D+ subscription fee. Bad call, Bobby C. #BecauseMoney cannot always be the answer. I cannot imagine this working out in their favor…

steve
steve
1 month ago

Dang going for all the marbles

Lyle
Lyle
1 month ago

Any word on whether or not this will include multiple viewings?

Hannah
Hannah
Reply to  Lyle

It says in the article that the price is for purchasing the movie, and the movie will be available to that person as long as their Disney+ subscribers.

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Lyle

I’m pretty sure the article already provides the answer to this: The $29.99 charge “will grant Disney+ subscribers with continuous access to the film for as long as they remain subscribers to the service.”

Last edited 1 month ago by Bob
Bill Matthews
Bill Matthews
1 month ago

I’m glad I left Disney+. Seems like price gouging to charge a monthly fee and then a special event fee (a steep $30 fee at that) on top of that.

Chris
Chris
1 month ago

I wonder how that will impact when/if Mulan will be available for “free” for people subscribed to Disney+ and not paying the premium? If this is the only way releases going forward will be available on the platform, that certainly changes the value proposition for a subscription.