BREAKING: Walt Disney World Drastically Reducing Park Hours Starting September 8

Last updated:

Starting September 8, park hours will be cut at all four Walt Disney World parks.

The new reduced park hours are as follows, with park hours at EPCOT and Disney’s Animal Kingdom reduced by two hours:

• Magic Kingdom: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Previously 9:00 am to 7:00 pm)
  • EPCOT: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm (Previously 11:00 am to 9:00 pm)
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (Previously 10:00 am to 8:00 pm)
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Previously 8:00 am to 6:00 pm)

Hours at Disney Springs remain unchanged, from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm daily.

New park hours have now been updated on the Walt Disney World website, and are in place through October. We’ll continue to update this post as more information arises.

2.3 19 votes
Notify of
guest

Tony Wicks
Tony Wicks
1 month ago

I immediately called Disney after seeing this posted. The cast member I spoke with put in a ticket for their system because this does NOT seem to be true. I have dinning reservations starting on the 11th of Sept that would fall after park close on different nights. Only the cast member system and the park pass hours seem to reflect the above times but no where else. Typically, Disney would contact guests in my situation to deal with reservation discrepancies. I haven’t been contacted yet and I’m hoping not to. Considering I’m still going and am already getting a… Read more »

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Tony Wicks

It’s now on the app and website.

Natasha
Natasha
Reply to  Tom Corless

This is some serious bs! When I handed over 1000’s of $$ for reduced experience, I wasn’t told they were reducing hours now too! Haven’t they cut enough out? Shouldn’t they be offering insentives to get people to come back, not taking more away? Are they going to lower their ticket costs to match what they’re offering now? I’m beyond pi**ed! This is Beyond greedy! 😡

Last edited 1 month ago by Natasha
Rajeev Patel
Rajeev Patel
Reply to  Tony Wicks

WDW fans should accept that the pre-shut down WDW no longer exists. The reborn WDW is a sad and expensive disappointment. And this is not the last of the bad news. The central Florida economy is going to look like a train wreck for several years.

I have no regrets about not renewing my AP.

Jacqueline Waits
Reply to  Tony Wicks

Maybe if they wouldn’t have jacked the prices up so much, they would fill the park and hotel a little more. Just priced a package, it was around $400 more than what we were quoted before the Corona virus.

Cia
Cia
Reply to  Tony Wicks

They haven’t cancelled your dinner reservations?
We were planning a week long trip for the first week of November.
In June we were notified that all of our dinner reservations were cancelled.

Dridre
Dridre
1 month ago

Why? All the money we pay for tickets and they are changing the hours to less?

Christopher A Steinbeck
Christopher A Steinbeck
Reply to  Dridre

It is dead there. Front page of local newspaper says Disney lost 2 Billion with a B in revenue since reopening during CoVid. You can’t stay afloat with those kinds of losses. No brainier there.

Johnny
Johnny
Reply to  Dridre

Because orange county officials keep killing jobs and there’s not enough tourists visiting.

Jacqueline Waits
Reply to  Dridre

And the prices are even higher (once again).

Sean
Sean
1 month ago

So what does this mean for those of us who have dinner reservations at closing time (or later)?

Rebecca
Rebecca
Reply to  Sean

Get a life

Ron Patterson
Ron Patterson
1 month ago

they need to open up more AP slots, there is still plenty of day guest and resort, but alas, AP are still locked out, i do have to say Universel Does a better job with its AP’s then what Disney does, UOAP have lounges and dining areas, disney only cares about its DVC members

Dsptep
Dsptep
Reply to  Ron Patterson

Believe me, they aren’t treating DVC members any better. They won’t let us bank our points if we cancel. So now we are staying at AK Jambo but there are no services, restaurants, or stores open there. We have to walk to an adjacent resort to eat, swim, shop, etc. I guessing most DVC guests feel like a captive audience this year with Disney’s uncaring use it or lose it attitude. And we get the privilege of paying full price for a very limited and unmagical experience. The whole experience has left me extremely sour and angry at the Disney.

Jr Smith
Jr Smith
Reply to  Ron Patterson

AP holders need to stop booking and not showing up. Cancel your park pass so someone else can use it.

Ron
Ron
Reply to  Jr Smith

From what I understand Disney does not put a canceled reservation spot back in to the pool. That day is just gone, when I look at the RSVP system the day and resort guests have plenty of open spots, but AP is full, there a article that I read, and it may of been on this site, 50% of the people going to the parks right now are Florida residents. Open more AP slots

KRISTINA
Reply to  Ron

I ASSURE you, that as a top tiered AP holder, who just yesterday returned from a 9 day resort stay, you DO NOT WANT ANYMORE PEOPLE IN THE PARKS without fast pass availability. HS and MK were nuts, with the ques reaching up to 90 minutes for the popular rides. Standing outside in sweltering 100 degree humid weather, wearing a mask with the sun beating down on you is a NIGHTMARE! Disney needs to bring back FP’s or reduce capacity. These ques extend FAR OUTSIDE the normal ques, and there is no fans, tents, umbrellas, or other accommodations that would… Read more »

Chris
Chris
1 month ago

They going refund me some money for my November trip now?

Doug
Doug
1 month ago

Is this due lower crowds than Chapek expected? How are they surprised when the cost stays high but so many things are cut and reduced. The prices should have been dropped some too. I noticed memory maker has gone from 170 to 200. Why when you cant get character pics and they wont let you take your mask off for other pics? Chapek needs to stop taking advantage of park goers and make incentives for them to encourage people to come to the parks (safely).

Alan
Alan
Reply to  Doug

Stop giving him and Disney your business until things change. It’s that simple

Doug
Doug
Reply to  Alan

We had already canceled our re-scheduled trip in september. So i already did that

Prince Naveen
Prince Naveen
Reply to  Alan

AMEN!

Frank W
Frank W
Reply to  Doug

Pictures of people in masks is a total waste of time. Complete waste, pointless.

B R
B R
1 month ago

Nothing magical about this place anymore

Randy
Randy
1 month ago

So is this temporary, regarding Covid precautions? This can’t be the new normal schedule, as their light shows and fireworks are a huge part of what they do, and you can’t see that until after 8 PM.

Kiyo
Kiyo
Reply to  Randy

The light shows haven’t been happening since they opened. But it’s still unfair to cut the hours like that

Gidget
Gidget
Reply to  Randy

What light shows and fireworks? They’re all ‘on hiatus’ due to COVID.

Paula Fernandes
Paula Fernandes
Reply to  Randy

No more fire works or parades

Bryan B
Bryan B
1 month ago

Next it should be reduced to 0 hours or DW will continue to contribute to the nation’s massive shut down sometime after Labor Day. You heard it here first

Disneylandian
Disneylandian
Reply to  Bryan B

Real talk. Get it together, Florida.

Chewiespal
Chewiespal
Reply to  Bryan B

Please explain how Disney is contributing to the nations massive shutdown.

Take
Take
Reply to  Chewiespal

By making more people sick and they keep spreading it around!

Jerry Aldini
Jerry Aldini
Reply to  Chewiespal

By giving people incentive to travel…thus spreading the 19 more.

Bill
Bill
1 month ago

It’s like Disney executives sit around discussing how they can make their parks even less inviting to their guests.

Johnny
Johnny
Reply to  Bill

Blame the county it’s not their fault they can swing the doors wide open.

Bcp
Bcp
1 month ago

So people who have EPCOT After 4 passes have 3 hours to be in the park before they close. Hardly seems fair

Mike G
Mike G
Reply to  Bcp

So does the thousands of people out of work and the thousands in the airline industry who will be furloughed come Oct 1st. But sure, let’s complain about WDW

Hope
Hope
Reply to  Mike G

Is this article about people out of work? That is where you should be posting.

Matt Kingsley
Matt Kingsley
Reply to  Hope

No! He’s making a really pertinent point about the contrast between everyone on this page nit-picking the decisions of WDW, as though this is really important. Compared to the millions now out of work and stressed over how to pay the bills and keep food on the table, you all sound like a bunch of spoiled, petulant children. And just for clarity, my whole family is eagerly awaiting a chance to get back to the parks, but we understand the uncomfortable position places like Disney and Universal find themselves in — can’t fully open due to government restrictions, which affects… Read more »

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Matt Kingsley

Disney has lowered no prices.

KRISTINA
Reply to  Matt Kingsley

Disney could close every park for over a year and still be financially stable, and that is a fact that has already been addressed. Also, we Disney fans, Annual Pass holders, DVC owners have paid an extrodinary amount of money and are getting only 60% of the value. Would you buy 100% of the value of a car, but only have 60% of the parts???? THAT is what we are complaining about. We all get that COVID is a pandemic, but that doesn’t give Disney the right to take advantage of us that have PREVIOUSLY paid for things that we… Read more »

Eric
Eric
Reply to  Mike G

I’m sorry I don’t feel bad for the people getting laid off 10/1… I don’t no one felt badly for me, and I brushed myself off found another job in my old vocation, But I wasn’t asking for sympathy I wasn’t asking for handouts and I made sure that my family was OK do you know what a lot of these people know that this is coming October 1 they got plenty of time to prepare I didn’t let them start looking for jobs now give me a break supposed to feel bad for people October 1 is he losing… Read more »

Gen
Gen
Reply to  Mike G

Stop being a troll

Stacey
Stacey
Reply to  Mike G

Oh get a grip!! Your cry baby moments don’t affect others. It will serve you well to understand that.

Matt Kingsley
Matt Kingsley
Reply to  Mike G

Excellent point! Whiners bawling their eyes out over rational adjustments to the availability schedule for a given form of entertainment, as though that is anywhere near the importance of the millions that are out of work and wondering when/if they’re going to get to go back to their former jobs and stressing over how to pay their bills!

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Matt Kingsley

I understand this point, but at the same time, hotel and ticket prices are the same as they’ve ever been.

KRISTINA
Reply to  Matt Kingsley

Stop taking your unemployment aggression out on us!!!! You were well compensated for it, receiving an extra 600$ a week on top of your benefits. Sorry, but that’s your issue which has ZERO to do with Disney and us griping about them cutting even more off of what we have ALREADY paid for. Get some rest, your are obviously very stressed out.

Last edited 1 month ago by KRISTINA
A R
A R
Reply to  Bcp

I mean… we’re in the middle of a pandemic that is impacting everyone in some way or another. Either upgrade your pass or cancel it until their hours are back to normal. Simple.

DOUG PURCELL
DOUG PURCELL
1 month ago

Will they reduce the admission price? LOL

Alan
Alan
Reply to  DOUG PURCELL

When was the last time Disney lowered prices or gave a refund? They’ll probably raise rates even more lol

CDM
CDM
Reply to  Alan

They did in fact refund hundreds of tickets and trips.

Bob d
Bob d
Reply to  Alan

Thatsthejoke.gif

Susanne Delong
Susanne Delong
Reply to  DOUG PURCELL

Not with Disney reporting a 2+ BILLION revenue loss in Q1 2020…and Q2 won’t be any better…

Robert
Robert
1 month ago

They should reduce costs of traveling to match this. Why should we spend $1000+ on a vacation just to sit in the hotel room and watch Netflix on our phones all day? WE CAN DO THAT AT HOME FOR FREE!!!!! If Chapek is angry that people aren’t visiting, this is not going to get him more business.

Mike G
Mike G
Reply to  Robert

Then why wouldn’t you stay home? 🤦‍♂️

Hope
Hope
Reply to  Mike G

Because DVC members do not get a refund on the thousands they have invested nor can they bank the points. You know nothing about this subject. Move on.

Robert
Robert
Reply to  Mike G

I never said I wasn’t staying home. I cancelled once already, I can do it again.

Last edited 1 month ago by Robert
Cheryl Butler
Cheryl Butler
1 month ago

Good thing i cancelled my annual pass

TexastoDisney
TexastoDisney
1 month ago

This is the final straw. Canceling our 8 day October trip.

Alan
Alan
Reply to  TexastoDisney

Sorry to hear it, but that’s definitely the best choice. Go when you can get your money’s worth and have an unimpeded vacation!

Linda Dey
Linda Dey
Reply to  Alan

Why would anyone go to Disney????. Their new spokesman is Kapernick. They won’t get another dime of my money

CDM
CDM
Reply to  Alan

No lines, no crowds and one on one attention from cast and characters add a lot of value no one here seems to be appreciating.

Mike G
Mike G
Reply to  TexastoDisney

Why would you even go in the first place with all that is going on? 🤦‍♂️

Brian Guy
Reply to  Mike G

Because some of us have been out there since day-bleeping-one trying to hold things together while everyone else sat home watching Hulu all day long and we’ve more than earned a few days of relative joy.

Cds
Cds
Reply to  Mike G

Probably because they aren’t scared of their shadow.

Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
Reply to  Mike G

Because not all of us are going shelter at home and be scared of everything.

TerryH
TerryH
1 month ago

To we are also drastically reducing price to match right?

This kind of thing is why we gave up our passes. It makes it easier to stay away and not risk it.

Kurt Schubert
Kurt Schubert
1 month ago

What? I’m planning a trip in November, actually planned since February. I’m a huge Disney fan, grew up with Disney and passed to my kids and now to my granddaughter. But if they keep taking away and charging the same, I may be rethinking. I’m a stock holder also, but this is wrong. The prices being charged and lessening the experience by a lot, now this. Going backwards and along with all the bowing down to everything, not good.

June
June
Reply to  Kurt Schubert

Bowing down? To what exactly?

Last edited 1 month ago by June
Prince Naveen
Prince Naveen
Reply to  June

Does the whole Splash Mountain debacle ring a bell??? Many people turned off by that and will respond with their wallets (or lack there of)

Kayla
Kayla
Reply to  Kurt Schubert

I’m here now and it’s not magical. More than half of everything is closed for all theme parks. Same price. I regret coming.

Kiyo
Kiyo
1 month ago

This sucks. I have a trip for late September and I also got reservation for dinner at Epcot that’s past the new park hours so I don’t know if theyll change it if things get better.

Mithra
Mithra
1 month ago

Disney just trying to lose money? Weren’t the pointless masks bad enough? Attendence already down 85% due to company imposed and unnecessary “covid” precautions. Sea world and aquatica doing much better with attendance and customer happiness. Wtf Disney?

Rajeev Patel
Rajeev Patel
1 month ago

WDW is attempting slow-motion suicide. And it might succeed, or at least end up in a chapter 11 bankruptcy.