yehaa-bob

Yehaa Bob Jackson Fired From Walt Disney World After 23 Years at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort

For 23 years, Yehaa Bob Jackson rocked the roost with wacky piano playing and singing at the River Roost Lounge in Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. Today, he announced that he will not be returning to his role.

yehaa-bob-retirement-announcement-9252391

A beloved staple at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, it is saddening to hear of his departure. This news comes shortly after the announcement that The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra will also not be returning to the their resort.

What are your thought on this announcement? Let us know in the comments.

3.1 14 votes
Notify of
guest

Jonathan Machuga
Jonathan Machuga
28 days ago

I get that this is strictly a business decision given the lack of revenue at WDW and ZERO revenue at DL. But man Yee Haw Bob was the absolute best. I hope that over the long term these CMs, entertainers and other cuts can be restored. The passion all CMs have for their jobs is what makes a Disney vacation so special. My heart is broken for everyone that will be affected.

M K
M K
28 days ago

I too hope that they can be restored in future days. It’s sad to lose such long standing acts because they become a part of Disney and this week’s news of losing Yehaa Bob, the Grand Floridian orchestra, the Polynesian Resort dancers along with the previous news of losing the Japanese drummers at Epcot (25 years at Epcot)….Plus 28,000 layoffs.. it’s just heart breaking.

Lucky Lou
Lucky Lou
27 days ago
Reply to  M K

Disney is an American Icon. I have traveled for years but the Disney experience is the best in the world. The cast members are the best. We hope our AMERICA returns to normal soon.

Grumpy biker
Grumpy biker
26 days ago
Reply to  M K

Yes I hope too bc that’s y I enjoyed going into the grand flo. It’s a shame.

Barb
Barb
26 days ago
Reply to  M K

The Japanese drummers were incredible….what is disney thinking, you will just another amusement ride dump here soon.

Ken Munroe
Ken Munroe
26 days ago
Reply to  Barb

My patient wife always waited for me as I went pavillion to pavillion in The World Showcase watching the live entertainment. WDW will not be the same without them
I was fortunate to see Yehaa Bob while at Port Orleans Riverside. A highlight of our trip.

M K
M K
28 days ago

Yes, let’s hope this and quite a few other cuts are short term.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  M K

Entertainment cute never have been. Acts don’t come back.

SAD
SAD
26 days ago
Reply to  M K

AD
right now
Awaiting for approval
So Disney will lay off and fire about $28,000 people but hire a flunky football player to make fake movies about his privileged life making lies saying how hard he had it being brought up with rich white people while normal hard working people are being laid off. Great Job Disney. Only Black Lives Matter to Disney.

PATTY BRODERICK
PATTY BRODERICK
27 days ago

I agree…so many good memories. Hope there is a plan in place to bring him and others back eventually. It gives us something to look forward to.

Vickie
Vickie
28 days ago

Sad news I really enjoyed listening to him always a good time

Charlotte McLanahan
Charlotte McLanahan
28 days ago

This is so sad. Many people look forward to seeing a familiar friendly memory/ person when being “Welcomed Home”. My second thought is the very highly compensated upper management could take a small decrease to help save some of these cherished positions! I am a DVC owner.

James Brown
James Brown
28 days ago

Exactly those higher ☝ wont take a pay cut. Hopefully they fall hard times as well. Enjoy the same medicine we take.

Last edited 28 days ago by James Brown
Rob
Rob
27 days ago
Reply to  James Brown

I’m not sure how far down the chain the cuts went, but senior Disney execs were among the first to take pay cuts.

That said, it is indeed heartbreaking to see so many cast members let go, and especially these iconic performers who have been such a part of the human face of Walt Disney World for so many, many years.

herb Webster
herb Webster
1 day ago
Reply to  Rob

Ok So yes they have chosen to give up “some” Pay, but the reality is its nothing for them. Bob Igers total compensation package is 46. something million and only 3 mil is salary- yea hes going to struggle with 43Million. Bob Chepak total compensation is 25 million which only 2.5 is salary so 50% is 1.25 million. So I guess his family is going to struggle to live on 23.7 million. So in retrospect,how does that even remotely compare with those employees out of work who will have $0 coming in.. Not even remotely a big enough sacrifice comparitively!… Read more »

Doug
Doug
28 days ago

Charlotte, the upper management are so highly paid because they have to make these tough decisions. You all seem to think these are easy decisions, they are not. They keep people up at night, they hurt the decision makers as well, not as directly financially, but hard. I too am a DVC owner, and what I want to ensure is that my investment is protected. I want to make sure there is a DVC to go back to. And this is EXACTLY what the upper management have to do as well. Unless you have had to make decisions about other… Read more »

Kelly
26 days ago
Reply to  Doug

So what you are saying is you are only worried about your investment not other people having a job??? Am I reading that correctly???? Because if that is correct, that is the most selfish comment I have ever read. Your vacation package isn’t more important then people keeping their jobs!! SORRY

herb Webster
herb Webster
1 day ago
Reply to  Doug

I am also a 20+ years DVC owner, but I want to make sure you understand that our ownership really is separate from Disneyworld. So those decisions don’t really affect our ownership investment (By the way, its not really an investment so much as a cost) .As far as reserving judgement I also posted this previously and I think it bears repeating. Ok So yes they have chosen to give up “some” Pay, but the reality is its nothing for them. Bob Igers total compensation package is 46. something million and only 3 mil is salary- yea hes going to… Read more »

Kelly
Kelly
28 days ago

Bob is an amazing performer and this is a very sad day for many! He will be missed!

JimDisney
JimDisney

WoW
This is hard to swallow. Always a great show , hair perfect and made my mom smile for two hours . Thank you for the GREAT memories Bob

Pam Hilton
Pam Hilton
28 days ago

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! We love Yeeha Bob!!! He is part of the reason we always stay at POR

Nanette DIPIAZZA
Nanette DIPIAZZA
27 days ago
Reply to  Pam Hilton

Loved going to see Yehaw Bob! It won’t be the same without him!

Matthew Berman
Matthew Berman
28 days ago

Disney keep Bob, however spend millions for a a poly refurbishment. Secondly I guess since he is not an IP and a revenue generator let him go. I wonder how long is jim the pianoman is let go. This is all sad and ruining the entertainment value for guests besides park offerings.

Last edited 28 days ago by Matthew Berman
steve
steve
27 days ago
Reply to  Matthew Berman

Polly needed to be re done because of the state of the monorail platform and track.

It was that or remove the monorail.

Abdul
Abdul
27 days ago
Reply to  Matthew Berman

Matt, Is jim the piano man from Casey’s? If yes, that will be the most devastating. If im not mistaken hes been there since MK opened in 71?

Pat
Pat
28 days ago

This is crap. What is disney thinking with all this? Letting all these great people go. But the big money executives are back to making their millions. Disney will never be the same. Ridiculous

Isit2021yet
Isit2021yet
27 days ago
Reply to  Pat

Some execs have already eschewed their pay. It’s a tough business and I don’t envy the team making these extremely difficult decisions.

Mitch
Mitch
28 days ago

Guess we won’t be staying at Port Orleans anymore.

john Calabrese
john Calabrese
27 days ago
Reply to  Mitch

That’s the problem. No one is staying anywhere. At least not enough to provide entertainment. I regret not having taken my grandson to see Bob!

ML Wehner
ML Wehner
28 days ago

I’m so sad to hear this news. His show was super fun. My daughter worked at Riverside and LOVED his show. It was great fun for me as well when I would visit. Just tragic!

Robert
Robert
28 days ago

It’s clear that Disney is no longer in the profession of making magic or happy memories. Pretty soon, they’ll have fired everyone and replace them all with animatronics. Still waiting for my refund…it’ll probably never be processed.

LRS
LRS
28 days ago

I am very sad to hear of these positions being eliminated. I do not like this happening at all. Disney you should be ashamed. 23 long years of his hard work and art shared with millions of your Guests and this is how you treat him and the orchestra?

Michael Becker
Michael Becker
28 days ago

The hits just keep on coming. This is so sad.

Mike
Mike

Best act at Disney. No reason to visit now

Ed fred
Ed fred
28 days ago

Wow the hotel isn’t open

Tom
Tom
28 days ago

I will miss him. He was fun after a day at the park.

Ellen
Ellen
28 days ago

So so sad. First GF society orchestra and now this…

Mark
Mark

Shame on Disney!

Cherri
Cherri
28 days ago

How do you fire a Disney Legend? This makes me sad on so many levels. Your hair looks great Bob! We love you.

All
All
28 days ago

This is definitely sad. That’s the one thing everyone recommended if you were staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I understand they are trying to make cuts to save money, but… man that’s a lot they are cutting.