PHOTOS: Guests Can Trick-or-Treat Virtually at The Haunted Mansion with TREAT TOWN App, Additional Framework Added to M&M’s Store in Disney Springs
Work continues on the M&M Store at Disney Springs. Since we last checked on the store, additional framework has been added to the facade, plus the store is advertising a new virtual trick-or-treating app!
TREAT TOWN Halloween is a first-of-its-kind app that lets you buy virtual Candy Credits that Trick-or-Treaters can redeem for REAL candy. It’s a safe way to enjoy trick-or-treating with all the fun and feels (and candy!) of Halloween night, all October long. Plus you can invite friends and family from across the country to share in the fun. That’s 31 days of trick-or-treating in more neighborhoods than ever before!
Become a Candy Giver to get started, then you can:
– Help Trick-or-Treaters in your household create avatars and get started with trick-or-treating
– Customize your door with spooktacular decorations and sounds
– Buy virtual Candy Credits to fill your bowl and give out to Trick-or-Treaters
– Visit the Arcade to play mini-games and earn Spooky Points
– Invite friends and family from all over the country to participate
Give treats, beware of tricks! Here’s how it works for Trick-or-Treaters:
– Create a monster avatar – it’s just like picking out your costume!
– Collect virtual Candy Credits to redeem for REAL candy
– Play virtual tricks and mini-games to earn Spooky Points
– Explore TREAT TOWN, including the Disney Haunted Mansion and M&M’S® New York
According to the signs at the M&M Store and advertisements on Disney Springs’ directories, The Haunted Mansion will be coming to the app October 23.
Though TREAT TOWN is advertised as virtual trick-or-treating, users are still required to make purchases to receive any candy. But it might be a fun way to keep children unable to trick-or-treat in person this year entertained.
What do you think? Will you be trying the TREAT TOWN Halloween app? Let us know in the comments.