As we learned earlier this month, the Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be reopening on December 6, 2020. We now have more details about what experiences and amenities will be available at the Grand Californian when it reopens.
As with the rest of Disneyland Resort that is currently open, all guests age 2 and up must wear a face covering at all times in public areas except when actively eating or drinking while stationary or while swimming in a hotel pool.
High-traffic common areas will receive increased cleaning. These include: elevators, escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, and restrooms.
Villas will undergo a thorough cleaning, with specific attention to high-touch areas like TV remotes and door handles. Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between Villa cleanings. TV remotes, glassware, and other items will be individually wrapped. PIllows will be double-cased. Additional cleaning service will be provided on the 4th and 8th days of a vacation, which includes removing trash and used towels, replenishing amenities, and wiping clean the vanity and counters.
Mariposa pool and the two whirlpool spas will be open with a reduced capacity. Cabanas will be available for an additional fee, but pool parties and waterslides will not be available. The Fitness Center will be open with reduced capacity and no instructor-led fitness classes.
The following will not be available:
- Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- All hotel dining including Napa Rose, Napa Rose Lounge, Storytellers Cafe, Hearthstone Lounge, GCH Craftsman Bar & Grill, and character dining
- Acorns Gifts & Goods
- In-room dining
- Art of Craft Tour
- Children’s lobby entertainment areas
- Instructor-led fitness classes
- Special classes and programs
- Character experiences
- Fountain Pool, Redwood Pool and waterslides
Guests looking forward to shopping and dining will be directed to Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street.
Other services that will not be available include:
- Bell Services, which will still deliver luggage but will not escort guests
- Disney Floral & Gifts
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry (self-service laundry will remain available)
- Shipping services
- Valet parking
For now, only The Villas will be open for Disney Vacation Club Members at Disney’s Grand Californian when it reopens.