partners-cinderella-castle-featured-image-hero-magic-kingdom-02052021-5020027

BREAKING: Disney Park Pass Theme Park Reservation System Extended, Will Remain Through January 2023

Introduced with the reopening of Walt Disney World theme parks in July, the Disney Park Pass reservation system requires guests to book a specific park per day ahead of their trip, based on availability—which varies depending on whether you’re a ticket holder, Annual Passholder, or Disney Resort hotel guests. Previously, the Disney Park Pass availability calendar extended through September 2021, but was then extended until January 2022. With 2022 resort and vacation bookings now open, it seems Disney has updated the calendar to cover that period of time.

screen-shot-2021-02-16-at-8-11-37-am-3512913

The Disney Park Pass calendar now extends through January 2023, meaning that the theme park reservation system is here to stay for quite some time.

A valid Annual Pass or theme park ticket is required to make a Disney Park Pass reservation. As a reminder, Annual Passholders are limited to three rolling Park Pass reservations at a time, in addition to any acquired via a Disney Resort hotel stay.

To check for the most current and up-to-date Disney Park Pass availability, you can take a look at the calendar here. If you’re new to making park reservations, you can check out our step-by-step guide here.

2.3 3 votes
RJ Peto
RJ Peto
2 months ago

I find it ridiculous that you have to do extra labour just to go to the Disney parks. The park reservation system was useful during COVID, but it will no longer be necessary once the COVID restrictions are gone.

Liz
Liz
Reply to  RJ Peto

I agree but the experts r saying that the covid mask and regulations will be with us for probably 5 years

entend
entend
Reply to  RJ Peto

I think we may be seeing this extended to SOP for disney. I really don’t think covid restrictions will be lifted for many years.

Will
Will
Reply to  RJ Peto

During covid? You mean covid is over? Bring out the champagne, this guy knows all. Covid isn’t gone, and sadly we’re a long way off from it being over. Do is cast members a favor and leave your mask less self home. Have a magical day!

Robert
Robert
Reply to  Will

He didn’t say it was over, he said that once COVID is over, the park pass will be just another hindrance and way to keep tourism at record lows. The experts, including Disney execs, have all said that COVID will be gone by the end of this year. So there is no reason to extend it PAST 2022.

May
May
Reply to  Will

Your cast member self will be begging food if people leave their mask less self home much longer.

Anne
Anne
Reply to  RJ Peto

Agree. It’s hard to make last minute decisions if you have an extra day and your kids decide they want to do a different parks than you planned. Plus, we’ve already had covid-19 and the vaccine, so we shouldn’t have to be punished anymore. We’re immune.

Angela Rogers
Angela Rogers
Reply to  Anne

You do know that just because you had Covid and you got the vaccine, you’re still NOT immune…right?!

Anne
Anne
Reply to  Angela Rogers

Wrong! You develop T cells after your antibodies die down from fighting the virus, which are the memory cells in case the virus comes back. Your body remembers the the virus sure to these T cells. If you are “reinfected”, it’s not COVID-19 anymore, it’s something else. Basic immunology. Don’t believe the media.

Mailyn Gonzalez
Mailyn Gonzalez
2 months ago

So is park hopping never coming back?

Beth
Beth
2 months ago

There’s park hopping now after 2 pm.

PC31
PC31
2 months ago

Park hopping is already back, just has some restrictions (can only be done after 2pm and after you visit your first park that you have the reservation for).

Last edited 2 months ago by PC31
Jose
Jose
Reply to  PC31

Do you have to get another reservation for the 2nd park to park hop, or just bounce to any park after 2pm?

Michael Zimmer
Michael Zimmer
Reply to  Jose

Bounce to any park aslong as they aren’t at capacity you can go

Robert Alvarado
Robert Alvarado
2 months ago

So Disneyland in Anaheim opens 2023?

Dee
Dee
2 months ago

I wish Disney would update the reservation system to allow for four (4) reservations at a time. To me, it’s a logical request since there are four parks.

May
May
Reply to  Dee

You mean they don’t? Wow, I did not know that. And people are still going? This is like a chain on the neck.

Heidi
Heidi

THIS REALLY SUCKS!!

Trey
Trey
2 months ago

This decision just saved me about $1200. I’m won’t renew my annual passes until this is gone.

Bonnie Best
Bonnie Best
Reply to  Trey

I was reading this and thinking the same

Al
Al
Reply to  Bonnie Best

We have had AP for years. Not renewing anytime in the near future. [108 weeks vacations)so sad what is happening there.

Ellen
Ellen
2 months ago

For this and many other reasons, we are done with Disney. No more 2+ week stays 3 or 4 times a year. No more annual passes. We’ve even cancelled Disney+

We’re done.

Eric M
Eric M
Reply to  Ellen

It is amazing how quickly the leadership of the Disney has run what was the premier theme park operation into the ground

Colin
Colin
Reply to  Eric M

It started with that awful fast pass app. The old system was soooo much better. That foreshadowed what was to come

Small violin
Small violin
Reply to  Ellen

Boohoo

Eric M
Eric M

Well looks like I’ll be giving someone else my money ins January big 2022

PC31
PC31
2 months ago

Oh well, it is what it is. We will continue to go. We don’t mind the reservation system in place. Most already plan their trips down to what they want every single day, so what is one more step in solidifying that? Just pick your park and move on. For random spontaneous days, just pick a park that has availability, if none do or you are determined to go to a certain park and nothing else, just pick a different day. Suck it up and move on like the rest of us. I really don’t understand why there is so… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by PC31
Colin
Colin
Reply to  PC31

For me it’s a cost/benefits type of thing. Only one park (magic kingdom) has enough attractions to keep me there all day (or for most the day) for what a day pass cost. They’re pushing out all the consumers who dont book week long stays at their resorts

Colin
Colin
Reply to  PC31

And we are the consumer… why should we have to cater to them? Lol. I dont like having to militantly structure my vacations… especially for what Disney cost already. This kills any desire to fork over the cash to visit for anyone who is a “go with the flow” type personality. If it’s entirely Covid related… I totally understand. They just going to err on side of caution for time being. Hopefully they give themselves flexibility to change things back as that situation hopefully changes for the better. My worry is this is permanent. I like being able to actually… Read more »

Lori
Lori
2 months ago

I’m glad for the park reservation system. It is much better than buying tickets for Universal, paying for parking and hiking the miles to the front entrance only to find out that the park is at capacity 15 min after opening. I think it is awesome that I know beforehand that I’m guaranteed a spot into the park whether I show up 1 hrs before park opening or at 1 pm. It is a better and much needed system at this time.

Colin
Colin
Reply to  Lori

“At this time” is the key for me. If it’s entirely COVID related? I get it. But they need to give themselves the flexibility to go back and allow park hopping as the COVID situation hopefully changes for the better… otherwise their park revenue is going to take a beating. For me… it just simply isnt worth the cost for half the experience. I don’t mind being patient and waiting (which is what I’ll do) but I wont pay full price for a lesser experience. AND GET YOUR VACCINES AS SOON AS YOURE ABLE PEOPLE. That is only way things… Read more »

May
May
Reply to  Lori

What? That’s never happened to us. Going to a park and not be allowed in? That has never been a thought before unless it’s Christmas or something, and we don’t go then.

Trish
Trish
2 months ago

I miss the days where I could just last min go. I may be letting my pass go for now!

Brian
Brian
2 months ago

The reaction to this story is predictable and overblown, as usual. Disney is keeping the reservation system in place for now just in case they do need it until January 2023. The minute they can drop the system though they will, because there’s no drawback to doing it that way. They can always add more guests, not tell them in the future “oh, never mind, you can’t come today”. I anticipate the system won’t last until then, but we’ll see. The virus and people’s behavior is going to be the driver. For those of you saying “I’m cancelling my AP”,… Read more »

Ken
Ken
2 months ago

Disney World did this because they are booking hotel reservations that far out. When they deem it is no longer necessary, it could disappear. This doesn’t guarantee the reservation system will be in place that long.

mis
mis
Reply to  Ken

so. disney announce 2 years out but it is not what they intend? really?

Miss Vikki Walker
Miss Vikki Walker
2 months ago

Guarantee all these whingers go back even after their pathetic rants. From an Aussie that is waiting to one day get back, I could only wish to have a Disneyland closer to us. Grow up and appreciate what you have.

Shelly Johnson
Shelly Johnson
2 months ago

This reservation system will never go away. It will allow Disney to staff the parks to the bare minimum for the anticipated guest level.

Bob
Bob
2 months ago

This totally excludes DVC owners because DVC owners cannot make resort reservations that far in advance. It makes no sense to get Park Pass Tickets, when you cannot make resort reservations. Disney continues to take away the values in DVC ownership. It appears to be time for a class action law suit.

mis
mis
2 months ago

being a dvc member, THIS IS NOT WHAT DISNEY SOLD TO ME! reserving a room for dvc, yes. reserving a place in one of their theme parks? what next disney? we take away the magic over the flu because one might be exposed? keep your mask mandate and my disney points are long gone!

BB Jones
BB Jones
2 months ago

To all you people that are complaining and saying you will not go back. Thank you. You are one less person I have to stand behind in line.

May
May
Reply to  BB Jones

As long as you don’t mind never having parades or fireworks again.

Robert
Robert
2 months ago

Disney only thinking of themselves. What about those of us who only go to a park for one experience and then spend the rest of their time elsewhere? My last trip, I literally only had one Hollywood Studios exclusive day, but every other day, I went there first thing to get a boarding pass, then killed time waiting in line for Slinky Dog until my boarding group was called, then hopped to whichever park was open later that night. But now we’re being trapped in one park until 2 PM. Which I’m sure is illegal, I believe the US constitution,… Read more »

May
May
2 months ago

I am so not stepping foot in the parks if:

1. That reservation system is in place;
  2. There are no fastpasses.
  3. There is one little garbage can missing from the parks compared to the before covid days.