How to Access the New Disney Park Pass System at Walt Disney World; New Availability Calendar Available

It’s time to relearn the process of attending the Walt Disney World theme parks as we go step-by-step into the new Disney Park Pass System bright and early this morning. If you’ve been tirelessly attempting to secure reservations since dawn, you’re not alone. The Walt Disney World website was overloaded at 7:00 AM (ET) this morning and is only now recovering. Once we get through ourselves, we’ll make sure to follow up with a step-by-step guide, but for now, we can only offer some links that may be more helpful than whatever static castle image you’ve been staring at for the past two hours:

First off, you’ll of course want to make sure you’re signed in to My Disney Experience. You may encounter a number of “hold” screens before reaching the very site itself.

Here you’ll notice an important message warning guests that in addition to valid admission, they’ll need a theme park reservation in order to enter:

Clicking “View Availability” below the message will take you to the new Disney Park Pass Availability page, where you can check to see if your desired date and park is currently available. You can also access the availability calendar by clicking here. Calendars can be filtered by Theme Park Resort Guests, Disney Resort Guests, and Annual Passholders.

Now, under the My Disney Experience drop-down, you’ll see the new Disney Park Pass System as an option to click:

Click through on that and you’ll be sent to this page:

Clicking on “Make a Disney Park Pass Reservation” (the blue box in the corner) will lead you to the following link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-reservations/

Many have also been attempting to reach the reservation system via this link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/login/?returnUrl=/park-reservations/create-party

Do note that this page, for many, is simply another countdown page, but many have reported on some success waiting it out and getting through to the Park Pass page… eventually. Do let us know how your progress goes, and we’ll continue to update you on the full process once we get through as well. Readers have reported successfully obtaining reservations by specifically using Chrome or even Internet Explorer as their browser.

We waited a while on Chrome, but after a few countdown screens, we finally got through. Here are our step-by-step instructions on how to secure a Disney Park Pass reservation:

For all guests with confirmed Disney Resort hotel reservations, today marks the day you can make theme park reservations. Do note that you require valid park admission in order to proceed with the reservation process. Beginning June 26, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay booked can begin to make reservations, and on June 28, all other existing ticket holders can start booking reservations.

Step 1: Link Your Admission to Your Disney Account

To get started, you’ll need valid park admission that’s linked to your Disney account.

Once your admission is linked to your account, you can begin to make a park reservation.

Step 2: Create Your Party

When you begin to make a reservation, you’ll be prompted to create your party from your Family & Friends list. Simply select the family and friends you’d like to include, then select “Continue”.

Don’t see someone in your travel party? Select “Add a Guest” to include them:

Note: You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type. Please make sure your party consists of Annual Passholders or theme park ticket holders.

Everyone in your party must also have a hotel reservation. If this varies, you will need to make separate Disney Park Pass reservations.

Step 3: Select a Date and Park

Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.

The earliest you can book a theme park reservation is starting on July 11, with the option of the Magic Kingdom or Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Starting July 15, you can also pick between EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:

• Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
  • Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.

Do note that if you’ve surpassed your allotted number of reservations, you will get the following notice:

After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation.

Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Plans

Carefully review and confirm your selected park and date. If you need to make any changes, select “Back” to revise your selections:

Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.

Once confirmed, your reservation will appear in My Plans.

Want to make another park reservation? Select “Make Another Reservation” to continue planning. As a reminder, if you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Your new reservation(s) will appear in My Plans—both online and in the My Disney Experience app.

If you need to cancel a reservation, view your daily itinerary in My Plans, then select “Reservation Details”.

And there you have it, a secured theme park reservation! Even though there will be no FastPass+ offered, with Disney choosing to just utilize Stand-By queues upon all parks reopening, we’re very excited to get back into a Walt Disney World theme park.

3.5 2 votes
Alyssa
Alyssa
3 months ago

I was able to make 5 days worth of park passes at about 9:00 this morning. Used Chrome on Incognito mode. Got an 8 minute countdown to get on the site, but waited about 20 minutes in actual time. Once I got in, I did not see an availability calendar. I just clicked on the day I wanted, and it gave me the choices for the parks (all 4 were available every day the last week of July). It looked almost exactly like Fast Pass+ reservations, and worked the same way. Also, you do not have to pick an arrival… Read more »

Erin E Taylor
Erin E Taylor
Reply to  Alyssa

I had almost the exact experience and we will also be there the last week in July ;-)

A Guest
A Guest
3 months ago

Book a dining reservation. After you login go to the drop down for Park Pass, click button, calendar comes up.

Rob
Rob

Annual Passholder/DVC member with resort stays book capped at 7 day yeah disney

Txfam
Txfam
3 months ago

As many saw today, the website would only show you a pic of the castle..
Go to make a advanced dining reservation and sign in there, then move on to park reservations.

Callie
Callie
3 months ago

Our reservations have disappeared from our MyDisneyEcperience page! It’s not letting us book a park reservation now because they’re not showing up! Is anyone else having this problem?? I had no problem booking our dining reservations a couple of days ago!

PinkCastleLoadingScreen
PinkCastleLoadingScreen
3 months ago

That calendar is showing no availability for any days, am i missing something?

mouseears-mom
mouseears-mom

Same!

Kim St Onge
Kim St Onge
3 months ago

I too got the same nothing available through end sept 2021 with multiple hotel reservations between now and then amazing it sold out so fast.

Shannon Nutt
Shannon Nutt
3 months ago

Same here. No days through the end of Sept. 2021!

Nichelle H.
Nichelle H.
3 months ago

I believe it’s bc only people with confirmed resort reservations can book ticket reservations today. Later this week it will be AP holders and then I believe people with tickets already on the 28th. If you sign in and go to the same link as WDWNT, it has 3 different categories and the middle one (people with existing resort reservations) have yellow and green days) the other two still have all gray. Hope that helps!

dawn L vasquez
dawn L vasquez
3 months ago

make sure you are clicking the right button. – resort guest is only open right now. AP will show availability on friday for 60 days out i think.

Chris Wack
Chris Wack
3 months ago

How far out does this go. We have on-site reservations in November, but didn’t get our park passes yet. Are we screwed? TIA.

chris
chris
3 months ago

After waiting only a few minutes to get in I started making my reservations. We have 6 days that we are staying at AK and AP Platinum passes. After making the first 3 days of reservations when I went to do the 4th day I was told that the party members had reached their limit. It then kicked me out and back to the We’re almost in orbit screen where I have been waiting for over and hour now. Not sure why it wouldn’t let me make the last three days reservations since we are booked in the hotel and… Read more »

Last edited 3 months ago by chris
Sean
Sean
3 months ago

I don’t know why I expected an even halfway decent experience for this process. My wife and I both started trying around 6:45, knowing the website would crash at 7:00 EST. Once I was finally able to access the Park Pass Reservation system around 8:30 I was able to reserve one day (of our 3 day ticket) and then ALL days from that point forward showed no parks available. Now looking at the availability calendar it looks like the parks are fully booked through 2022. I guess we’ll have to call and cancel our trip…in a few days when we’ll… Read more »

Mark DeFranzo
Mark DeFranzo
3 months ago

A joke really since 7am. Still can’t log in.

haley
haley
3 months ago

Mine this morning had no timer and i waited for 2 hours just for it to take me back to login, where i waited again with a timer and then was booted out again. Now i’m on a screen with another waiting room with no timer. Should I keep refreshing until I get one with a timer?

Diane
Diane
3 months ago

I was able to log on using Chrome at 9:00 am. Very easy process and there was only one day I could not pick the park we wanted.

Dan
Dan
3 months ago

I’ve got a linked DVC hotel and an annual pass. I thought I was supposed to be able to book park reservations for my entire hotel stay. I could only book 3 days of park reservations. Hope they fix this!

Leeann Jacket
Leeann Jacket
3 months ago

When will Disneyland’s be ready?

Heather C Dornburg
Heather C Dornburg
3 months ago

We got have been on our devices since 6am CST got 1 reservation on our arrival day, which is 1145, we have set up our campsite, so in actuality it will be closer to 3pm abd the MGK closes at 7, so yah not too happy, we too have done the incognito thing, and left chats with apparently robots, done the date refreshing per someone’s advice, not the page, just clicked on the same date, supposedly helps, nada, used Chrome and brand new Samsung S20 Ultra 5Gs so whats the secret cuz we are exhausted, the spirit and the magic… Read more »

looking for pixie dust
looking for pixie dust
3 months ago

System was overloaded but once it opened up super easy and clear how to make the reservations.

Jennifer
Jennifer
3 months ago

I was able to get my reservations after hours of waiting. I logged into my disney experience and selected view availability, then I was prompted to a countdown then the virtual waiting room and waited it out from there. Takes forever…but hang in there!

Wendy Mealing
Wendy Mealing
3 months ago

Disney’s biggest 💩 show to date! Congrats!!!

Wendy Mealing
Wendy Mealing
3 months ago

Need to modify my trip to new dates first but cant online and cant get thru on phones. Called yesterday to ask when I could modify mate july trip and cast member said she had no idea. Had she told me that I could today i would have got on bright and early. Now I’m sure the week I wanna go will be booked by the time I can get thru😭

J. Locke
J. Locke
3 months ago

Annual Passholders without a resort reservation should not have to wait extra days to make park reservations! We made our vacation plans 6 months ago, for September. We stay off-property. If we can’t get into the parks when we had planned to go, we’re going to demand a refund of our annual pass!

Last edited 3 months ago by J. Locke