key-to-the-world-cards

Walt Disney World Debuts New Key to the World Card Designs

Disney’s Key to the World cards can operate as a room key, park ticket, and credit card all in one. Though Walt Disney World has rarely used Key to the World cards since the introduction of MagicBands, they are still available, but now with new designs!

key-to-the-world-cards

This new set of cards each feature a different one of the Sensational Six: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, or Daisy. The cards also each say “The Most Magical Place on Earth” beneath the Walt Disney World logo.

With MagicBands no longer being given to resort guests for free, Disney decided it was a good time to update the design of the long-existing cards. The distribution of the cards will likely be a more common occurrence given the policy change.

Which of these new cards would you hope to get? Let us know in the comments.

Jeannette Sanchez
Jeannette Sanchez
2 months ago

I Love those Design. And I love it and it’s going to be awesome for next year!

Fulcrum
Fulcrum
2 months ago

Meh…I’ll just stick to the Magic Bands. I see nothing amusing or greatly designed about these “key cards” as of now :/

Jessica
Jessica
2 months ago

Any of them.

Prince Naveen
Prince Naveen
2 months ago

I hate this. The purpose and huge benefit of the magic bands was to replace the need to carry multiple KTTW cards (which I have done with small children), which comes a hassle and high potential to be lost or stolen. Just another de-valuing of the entire Guest experience.

Diane White
Diane White
2 months ago
Reply to  Prince Naveen

I Agree. Every year the prices go up and the guest experience is diminished. Too bad.

Campbell21
Campbell21
2 months ago
Reply to  Prince Naveen

Agree. I was a little baffled as to why they would go back to the cards that get dropped and lost and then have to be reprinted. More waste I guess. The magic bands were a blessing in so many ways. I never lost one. I lost several key cards over the years. Having a band attached to your little ones was helpful in so many ways. My step kids loved tapping their band for fast passes. I don’t know. Seems silly but it was part of the experience. So much so that my step daughter who is now 21… Read more »

May
May
2 months ago

I guess the cards are OK. The design is generic and nothing exciting. It’s just a card that reminds you that you got downgraded from the magic band. My kids are old enough now (except for the youngest one) to hang on to cards, so I’m lucky for now. But I will probably order the magic band anyway and look with pity upon people who are “bare-wristed.” In fact, from now on, people without magic bands will stand out as the lower class of Disney World. Any way you cut it, this is crass and scummy of Disney, just like… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by May