disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-1-9694049

PHOTOS: Indoor Queue Wall Decals Decimated by Guests at Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway in Disney’s Hollywood Studios

On our visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we hopped aboard Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, but we got “derailed” before we even reached the preshow. The queue, namely the room just before the preshow, has suffered significant neglect. Let’s take a look.

disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-11-1484435

All along the walls, the decals have been torn by guests passing through the queue.

disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-10-8986396

These decals are common at newer Disney attractions, and damage is not uncommon. Some of it is from wear and tear from ECVs, but a lot of it is too high up to have occurred that way.

disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-9-4328355
disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-8-8166145

Disney is aware that these decals are not durable, as similar issues have been seen. The walls at Slinky Dog Dash have been damaged like this before as well.

disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-7-3312211
disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-6-5247525

The damage is seen all throughout the room, sometimes in sizeable areas.

disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-5-7116052
disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-4-9833050
disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-3-1772000
disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-2-4703356

The scenery is looking rough.

disneys-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-queue-damage-1-9694049

Hopefully, Disney can fix this soon, as it detracts from an otherwise nice attraction. With all the refurbishment projects across the parks, this seems like a priority.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

2.6 16 votes
Pete
Pete
3 months ago

Disney tried to go on the cheap. This is not the Disney I fell in love with 10 years ago on my first trip. Sure, large decal can be printed up and stuck on and done, but no one thought about the durability?? Old school Imagineers wouldn’t have forgotten about that. Seriously Disney you’ve strayed so far away from Walt’s vision that you are destroying yourself from the inside out. What happened to talking with guests and customers for information vs reading Twitter? This failure of simply building a durable queue shows how far the rot has gone through Disney.

Cheri
Cheri
Reply to  Pete

Doesn’t help when people try to destroy it.

Duncan
Duncan
3 months ago

I’m guessing the decals are less expensive than a quality paint job.

PrezGAR
PrezGAR
3 months ago

I know Tom hates the ride (and Mr Ro-bob-to , but this wont bring back The great Movie Ride.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  PrezGAR

I don’t think that’s the attempt here.

Fabian
Fabian
3 months ago

oh dear, that’s so terrible, park guest shouldn’t be playing around with the walls!

Mark P
Mark P
3 months ago

CCTV in all the waiting in line areas, with a guard at the boarding area, to remove the deliberate offenders and kick them out of the park. Simple.

Elena
Elena
Reply to  Mark P

This ride breaks down A LOT (broke down 3 times on our last trip when we made it to that room.) A lot of us would just wait it out with many people leaning against the wall for respite. I don’t think anyone is doing it deliberately.

M Poch
3 months ago

It’s parents not telling their kids not to do it. It’s idle hand and boredom standing in line. People lack respect.

The Phantom Blot's tailor
The Phantom Blot's tailor
Reply to  M Poch

Oh it’s not just kids, I’ve seen adults pick at walls when they were bored.

Tim
Tim
3 months ago

This is what happens when you cheap out and this not the only place in the parks that Disney has gone cheap and it shows. I am not interested in ever going back. The parks were dirty looked ruined down the last time I was there. And many of the new rides just look cheap and not what I consider Walts standard.

Cheri
Cheri
Reply to  Tim

Cheap or not, people shouldn’t be messing with it

Doug
Doug
3 months ago

I have seen unsupervised kids doing damage all across the parks because the parents are oblivious to what they are doing. I really don’t understand why some parents find it so hard to teach children how to behave properly and then enforce it. And yes I have children and mine know better than to do stuff that is destructive. They are taught to respect property, both ours and others.

Monica Horn
Monica Horn
Reply to  Doug

Doug, For many years our 2nd son worked in a restaurant. He saw, and would often comment on, the behavior that bad parenting results in and he would compare it to how he was raised. Our kids had “don’t walk on the neighbor’s lawn”, “don’t touch stuff in stores unless you ask”, type parenting. It’s interesting to hear that our son sees the contrast.

beautiful gorgeous
3 months ago

Those walls look like something that you would see at Six Flags, NJ or Hershey Park, PA.

Elena
Elena
3 months ago

I know EXACTLY why this happened. Rode M&M RT four times on my last trip. Three times it broke down while we were waiting in that room. Instead of leaving, a majority of us sat on the floor/against the wall to wait it out since it was air conditioned & we figured it wouldn’t take long to fix. Many people with bags on their backs just leaned back.

Ryan C
Ryan C
3 months ago

I keep seeing about Disney and doing things cheap. Here’s a better idea how about the customers themselves take accountability and stop defacing attractions and people turn the offenders in. With cell phones all over the place a quick snap of the people in the act can go a far way. I don’t care if it was cheap or low cost it was. I’m sick of paying how much I pay for the escape from reality to be dragged back down by a few jerks that just feel like ruining the experience for others. I don’t care how long the… Read more »

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Ryan C

They used to design thing with more thought. If something is within the reach of a human, prepare for it to be touched.

Pamela Buford
Pamela Buford
3 months ago

This just Pissed me OFF too the Max. I Can’t Believe How Childish People Act. To do Such a Thing that Whoever Did It Should be the one to Pay For the DAMAGED THAT WAS DONE..

Neko
Neko
3 months ago

Hopefully, Disney can fix this soon, as it detracts from an otherwise nice attraction.”

Obviously, Tom did not write this article, lol!

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Neko

Yup

Robert J Romero
3 months ago

Why should I be concerned??

Eric M
Eric M
3 months ago

This shows how far Disney had fallen in a fairly short period of time.

Not so long ago you didn’t see anything in the Disney parks in state of disrepair and that was one of the things that set it apart from the competition.

Jeanene Headlee
Jeanene Headlee
3 months ago

Or maybe the guests passing through need some firm lessons in public behavior, private property, vandalism, good manners, and how children learn what they live!

Terrie
Terrie
3 months ago

You hit it on the nail. There is something really wrong with people. You should NOT destroy things that don’t belong to you. Stop acting like animals and stop teaching your children to do the same!!

Last edited 3 months ago by Terrie
Ben Burke
Ben Burke
3 months ago

Feel free to talk to offending guests when you see something. We are each other’s neighbor and they need to know how vandalism effects everyone including themselves..

Beth Bechthold
Beth Bechthold
3 months ago

I just got back from 2 weeks in Disney and was disappointed which I have never been before. We stayed at several resorts and found that things are not the same as they have always been. At Old Key West our shampoo & conditioner were empty and remote to tv didn’t work. When trying to catch a bus to the park the were all full by the time it reached our bus stop. After an hour we had to walk to the first bus stop. Next Animal Kingdom’s Jambo House there was nothing open for food from 11:30 am to… Read more »

Christina D Hill
Christina D Hill
Reply to  Beth Bechthold

A lot has changed due to the pandemic.
Places can’t get employees to work. Yes, this is due to unemployment benefits but it’s also due to the large amount of people that retired this year and the people that DIED. So, while I have sympathy for your poor experience, I sorta am wondering where you’ve been for a year and a half.

Nowaylady
Nowaylady
3 months ago

Could be damage from backpacks when people lean up against the walls

Ed Turner
Ed Turner
3 months ago

I remember yrs ago that disney cared about their parks I agree with you all disney dont care anymore since walt died his family and the dont care anymore it seem like the money Is more important than making ppl happy