at-at-room-rise-of-the-resistance-9-7-20-9622259

Disney Revamps Boarding Group System Again for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, Also WEB SLINGERS at California Adventure

In order to make joining the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure at Disney’s California Adventure easier, guests can now confirm their party up to one hour before boarding groups open.

new-boarding-group-process-2-5855156

Guests simply need to find the “Join Virtual Queue” option in My Disney Experience one hour before the queue is available. They will then see an option to confirm their party.

new-boarding-group-process-3-4981439

Guests can then select all the members of their party. Click “Change Party” to make any adjustments. They can make changes any time before boarding groups open at 7:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.

new-boarding-group-process-4-3950897

When boarding groups do open, click the new “refresh” button. This will allow you to attempt to join a boarding group. We found the new button to be much quicker and easier than having to pull down the page to refresh.

new-boarding-group-process-1-2406267

Since you won’t have to wait to confirm your party, once you hit “Join Queue,” you will know right away if you were successful. We found the new system to be a vast improvement.

How do you feel about this update? Let us know in the comments.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

4.5 2 votes
Notify of
guest

Fernando
Fernando
11 days ago

I am trying to do it now not being in the park and it says “ineligible guests.” I’m wondering how this will work for the 7AM group. Obviously this is easier for 1PM group if you’re already in the park, but what about 7AM?

Frank
Frank
11 days ago

>When boarding groups do open, click the new “refresh” button<<
Why refresh at 7am vs just hitting Join the Queue?
If you can set your boarding party pre 7am, and you set everything up, why “refresh”. Seems like an extra step that could cost time…

Tom Corless
Admin
10 days ago
Reply to  Frank

You have to refresh to get the Join button in a timely manner

Frank
Frank
10 days ago
Reply to  Tom Corless

Tom, thx for the reply. You guys are the best. Never miss a News Today. I enjoy how you tell it like it is.

Victoria Tolivar
Victoria Tolivar
11 days ago

Pretty cool attractions. And speaking of attractions, save Splash Mountain! Please sign the petition on change.org to save Splash Mountain and keep it as it is in Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom! Disney should expand the park, and at a princess and the frog attraction!

Bill
Bill
11 days ago

Well I tried it yesterday and it did t help. I confirmed right at 7 am then hit button that said all spots distributed. This has worked once in 9 tries. As far as I’m concerned the attraction doesn’t wsist

Dland Fan
Dland Fan
9 days ago

Wow that’s good. When I tried it the first time a few months ago, it was a mess.

J B
J B
8 days ago

My family and I were at Hollywood studios on Sept 11th. We successfully received a “boarding group” for several previous visits. Unfortunately, this change caught us off guard at 7am and the process to “confirm group” didn’t work prior to 7am or after. We tried again at 1pm. Confirmed group prior to 1pm and it did not save. Every time that I attempted to “join queue”, it asked to “confirm group”. Needless to say, we didn’t get to ride that day. I asked a Disney Guest Services person about it and simply told that I was “too slow” and “the… Read more »