bob-chapek-7492881

Retired Imagineers Passing Around Petition to Fire Disney CEO Bob Chapek

It is no secret that a vast majority of Disney fans have not taken a liking to the newest CEO of the Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek. Questionable decision-making and actions by Disney post-COVID may be why a petition to fire Bob Chapek has been started.

bob-chapek-7492881

It’s not just Disney fans that are passing around this petition. Retired Disney Imagineers are also sending it around between themselves and to media outlets. It seems they are also not liking the current direction that Bob Chapek is taking the company, especially moving most, if not all of Walt Disney Imagineering to Lake Nona.

The petition is currently only at 1,834 signatures. To view the petition, please click here.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram.

3.9 30 votes
Notify of
guest

Marcus
Marcus
1 month ago

Petition signed! Although it will not make any difference, at least it’s bringing this moron’s poor decision making to the forefront.

WDW_Mickey
WDW_Mickey
Reply to  Marcus

You would be surprised. Things have changed by change.org before.

Michael Arnold
Michael Arnold
Reply to  Marcus

Maybe try to email the white house? I mean I am sure alot of people dont like Joe but he ALOT better then Trump in my book.

Thomas kerwick
Thomas kerwick
Reply to  Marcus

Replace this woke moron

Dan
Dan
Reply to  Thomas kerwick

Replace him before he ruin worlds most respected icon WDW

Achilles
Achilles

It has my signature.

Michael Arnold
Michael Arnold
Reply to  Achilles

Where is the link?

Shawn
Shawn
1 month ago

As much as I’m on board with this, I have to ask: has a Change.org petition ever accomplished anything? Ever?

May
May
Reply to  Shawn

I once signed a petition to bring back a fired actress to my favorite show, Monk. Didn’t work.

Anonymous
Anonymous
16 hours ago
Reply to  Shawn

It has with the revival with Clone Wars and it earned victory.

Tiki Terry
Tiki Terry
1 month ago

I see Bobby must have rated this article one star. Hi, Bob!

Shannon Beauchemin
Shannon Beauchemin
1 month ago

I signed the petition mainly because October 1 was SUCH a big disappointment! Disney did nothing for the guests to celebrate such an historic day in Disney history. Yes, we all received a poster when leaving the park, but that was it. The guide map was NOT anything special. Disney really blew it!

Sam
Sam
1 month ago

I was there and agree. The ‘Day of’ Merch was a disaster. I had a cast member tell me they were not expecting this. I was like, with this godsend park reservation system Cheapskate worships you knew basically EXACLY how many people would be there months in advance…how could you not have expected it. And they really did nothing special outside of make it difficult to obtain special merchandise. I planned my trip longer than Disney planned that day for sure.

Brooke
Brooke
1 month ago

Chapek continues to eat away at the magic of the parks. I will definitely sign this petition. Chapek cares about nothing else but Wall Street. That’s all he’s ever cared about – money. He is the absolute wrong person for this job. He is the complete antithesis of Iger, who I think was the closest we’ve ever come to Walt in terms of focus, dedication, care and overall shepherding of the Disney corp. Going to WDW recently, I can’t say I enjoyed it. Chapek is the man who gutted Galaxy’s Edge making it an outdoor mall with 2 rides that… Read more »

Daniel Christopher Walz
Daniel Christopher Walz
1 month ago

I’m curious the time stamp on this article when posted because it references 1,800 signatures. I know I didn’t miss the release of the article that far after its stamp time but when I checked the petition count it was already at 5,800 and it was climbing pretty fast.

Michael
Michael
1 month ago

Climbing faster than a rise of the resistance boarding group release

Lynn T
Lynn T

Petition is at 24,500 now

Angela Kelley
Angela Kelley

It’s now over 26,000

Gary
Gary
1 month ago

I still think as many as can be Walt’s, Roy’s, their two brother’s & sister’s decendents should get together & get the Disney Co. back and hire someone who thinks the same way Walt did and others who also think like Walt, Roy & Lillian to get Disney back on the right track. Their legacy needs saving!

Gary
Gary
Reply to  Gary

I just thought we do not know if any of the decendents know about this if someone who reads this knows a decendent pass the word on to them. Everyone pass the word on to Disney fans & have them do the same thing. Then everyone get behind the Disney family & push. Maybe just maybe something will happen to the good!

Ted
Ted
1 month ago

Something tells me this will not make a difference to him.

Anonymous
Anonymous
1 month ago

Are you able to cite any sources regarding the claim that former Imagineers are passing the petition around?

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Anonymous

It’s a primary source, it was sent to us by a group of retired, former Imagineers who asked if we would post it.

Prince Naveen
Prince Naveen
1 month ago

Good for them!! That is how change is made. That man has already done enough damage. #bringbackeisner

William Johnson
William Johnson

Hey!

The likelihood of BOB CHAPEK being ‘fired’ is about the same as WALT DISNEY himself being ‘resurrected’ or The Walt Disney Company ‘re-releasing’ the classic film SONG OF THE SOUTH in IMAX 3D before the year ‘3000’. It ain’t gonna happen…

The ‘man’ will ‘step down and/or retire’ when he’s ‘good & ready’ and not ‘a day before’.

Get real…

Best,
Bill
[William Paul Johnson, Jr.]

Lou
Lou
1 month ago

I’ll be going to the D23 event next month where Chapek is suppose to speak. That’s assuming he doesn’t avoid us like he did for the 50th rededication ceremony. I certainly wouldn’t boo him, but I certainly wont clap.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Lou

Why wouldn’t we boo?

Lou
Lou
Reply to  Tom Corless

I think the silence would be more deafening and devastating than booing. Maybe we can have some crickets (Jiminy Cricket if available) chirping.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Lou

Nah, I’m booing lol

Dizzylander
Dizzylander
1 month ago

Signed. Happy to do it too.

Ron
Ron

Petition is over 12,000 now

mis
mis
1 month ago

hopefully this will be passed around at the annual dvc owners meeting in december!

Jose
Jose
1 month ago

I would sign it if I could. He is not cut out for the entertainment business. He might get retail, but not entertainment or guest experience.

Where is this company going? It’s future is found in its past, Animation. Nobody can do it like Disney!! It’s what separates it from other studios and other theme parks.

I just don’t think Bob gets that and never will.

MARGARET MILLER
MARGARET MILLER
1 month ago

I will never again go to Disney as long as this direction is headed this way. Knowing my grandchildren will never experienced true Disney magic without political agendas. Who would have ever thought Walt’s dream would be so screwed up.

Michael Arnold
Michael Arnold
1 month ago

I cant find this link anywhere.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Michael Arnold

There’s a link in the post.

Jack