inside-disney-bob-chapek

Disney CEO Bob Chapek Says He Had ‘Every Intention of Making It’ to Destination D23

There’s been a lot of talk about Disney CEO Bob Chapek in the past few days after we noticed that he had been removed from the Destination D23 schedule. According to Disney, Chapek has a scheduling conflict in Los Angeles that prevents him from making the Orlando event.

Chapek appeared on the latest episode of D23 podcast Inside Disney and said the following about missing Destination D23:

“I’m sorry. I had every intention of trying to make it this year. As you know, I’ve made the last several. I really love that event. Unfortunately, this year, given the new job and given the tugs I get from several different areas, it’s impossible for me to make it, but I will be there in spirit.”

Chapek said he will watch the Destination D23 event from “50,000 feet.” Of course, passenger airplanes aren’t allowed to fly above 42,000 feet, all but confirming the private jet we previously theorized could take him from L.A. to Orlando quite quickly.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

2.6 7 votes
Notify of
guest

Josh FR
Josh FR
1 month ago

“I had every intention of making it, but I’m just tied up right now brainstorming up-charges on products that guests have already paid for.” – Bob Cheapskate

Jeff
Jeff
1 month ago

Chapek is a clown, he doesn’t care about the parks at all. Just his $$$

Justin S.
1 month ago

Well, I hope you’re frickin’ happy, Tom. You had to go and poke the bear, and now we have to hear all about Bob Chapek and his tugs.

Sam
Sam
1 month ago

We don’t even want you there in spirit!

Earitch
Earitch
1 month ago

Suuuuuuuuuuure, Bob.

Rann Xeroxx
Rann Xeroxx
1 month ago

Yeah, because flying the corporate jet out there and back for an event that has been on the calendar for months was just not feasible.

Matthew Muir
Matthew Muir
1 month ago

Chapek has pulled out of the convention because he’s SCARED. He’s probably gonna bury his head even deeper into the sand because he’s finally HAD ENOUGH of people like us telling him he’s wrong. I’m honestly scared tho that it might not be too much longer before HE, HIMSELF lashes out……….

Bernie
Bernie
1 month ago

A Gulfstream jet can go from Orlando Executive Airport to John Wayne airport (~2,200 miles) in under four hours.

“ Unfortunately, this year, given the new job and given the tugs I get from several different areas, it’s impossible for me to make it…” my left foot.

John T Nichols
John T Nichols
1 month ago

A petition is not going to get any real world traction when we talk about removing Chapek as CEO. The job of the CEO is to make money for the investors (even if that means alienating long time fans). However if you look at the stock since he’s taken over you can see it has constantly under performed and is now in a tail spin. There are a number of reasons for that (Covid, lower than expected Disney+ subscriptions, rising costs, alienated fan base, etc.), but it all comes down to bad decisions being made at an executive level. This… Read more »