As WDWNT continues to grow, we are looking for staff writers and editors for our website. This position is a consistent, scheduled position with set, paid hours each week. While there is no requirement to visit the parks, you must have extensive familiarity with Walt Disney World and basic knowledge of other facets of the Walt Disney Company. Excellent writing skills, the ability to adhere to tight deadlines, and good communication skills are also required.
As a WDWNT writer, you will work a set schedule and be paid hourly for the duration of your scheduled time. When you are scheduled, you will be expected to:
- Monitor news from internal and external sources.
- Write any articles assigned to you by the editor during your shift.
- Complete all related aspects of article production, including SEO, use of images, appropriate categorization, fact checking, etc.
- Produce accurate and grammatically correct content, sometimes in very short timeframes. Again, extensive knowledge of Disney Parks and Resorts is required.
- Understand basic journalistic standards, including citation of sources, image usage guidelines, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for Disney Parks and Resorts
- Strong command of the English language
- Previous professional writing experience
- SEO experience
- Experience with WordPress
- Photo editing experience
- Social media skills: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Knowledge of Universal Parks and Resorts
Candidates accepted for the position will be brought on for a probationary period and paid at a rate of $15 per hour. After completing the probationary period, pay for scheduled hours will be $17 per hour. Those who are promoted to weeknight or weekend editor positions would have a starting wage of $20 per hour, but this is negotiable based on previous work experience and quality of work during the probationary period.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application below. Applicants should provide complete information and link to any relevant writing samples, social sites, etc. You must email a copy of your resume to email@example.com. If you meet initial qualifications, we will contact you for additional information.