Disney announced new menu items are coming to several of the restaurants at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. The menus will be updated starting December 8.
See all the new items, sorted by venue, listed below.
Maji Pool Bar
- Shrimp Bakuli: chilled poached shrimp, pickled carrots, and Basmati rice with a flavorful soy-ginger dressing and berbere aïoli
- Multigrain Tabbouleh (plant-based): salad with protein-rich grains, fresh herbs, and grilled vegetables
- Spiced Pork Nachos: pork vinadloo, beans, herbed crema, and kachumbari
- Short Rib Grilled Cheese: slow-cooked short rib on brioche bread topped with gouda cheese and pickled onion
- Marinated Sun-dried Tomato and Herbed Ricotta Flatbread: with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh herb ricotta, tomato sauce, four-cheese blend, and arugula
- Chermoula-spiced Shrimp Bowl: with grilled shrimp, pilau rice, kale slaw, cucumber-tomato salad, and chermoula sour cream
- Oak-grilled Chicken Bowl: with marinated chicken thighs, slow-roasted over the oak-fired spit
- South African Vegetable Bowl (plant-based): curried vegetable stew, pilau rice, kale slaw, dried fruit achar, and avocado-tahini sauce
Jiko: The Cooking Place
- Sweet Potato-Groundnut Soup: spiced groundnuts, finger lime, pickled red chilies, and sorrel
Avatar: The Way of Water Cocktail
The Way of Water cocktail celebrating the upcoming “Avatar” sequel will be available at Boma: Flavors of Africa, Sanaa, and Victoria Falls Lounge beginning December 16. It is a blend of African Starr Rum, BACARDÍ Raspberry Rum, Bols Blue Curaçao, and lemonade garnished with a glowing lotus flower and mint.