With just a few days before Splash Mountain will close forever at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, a small piece of the attraction’s history has been restored.
If you have ever been on Splash Mountain since 1992, you would have walked past a carved piece of Disney signage featuring the protagonist Br’er Rabbit noting that “You May Get Wet”. The sign had remained untouched for decades until a few days ago when it went missing. Rumors swirled that a guest stole the sign off the wall, but it seems that whatever happened to the sign, it is now back to its rightful owner! Perhaps it was the devious duo Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear…
Today, we stopped by Splash Mountain to find that the sign is once again hanging in its rightful place on the wall of the attraction. With the ride having its last operational day on January 22, it is nice to see that this iconic piece of the attraction’s history will be present to warn the ride’s final guests that they may get wet.
Once Splash Mountain shuts down, Disney will begin changing the ride into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, which is set to open in Magic Kingdom in late 2024. Recently, Disney released new Tiana’s Bayou Adventure concept art featuring Princess Tiana and Louis in the Louisiana bayou.
Read more details about Tiana’s Bayou Adventure:
- Logo for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Revealed
- First Look at Tiana’s New Outfit for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Model at D23 Expo 2022 Shows Removal of Iconic Splash Mountain Tree
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Backstory and More Information Revealed at D23 Expo 2022
- More Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Story, Original Cast Returning