We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, April 26, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Weatherproof sheathing has been installed on CommuniCore Hall as construction continues.
- The virtual queue for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind stayed open until 8:00p.m. tonight.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars is in the spotlight for the Disney100 celebrations in May, and new lightsaber accessories were announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney shared a letter from the 1998 opening cast of Disney’s Animal Kingdom as they unearthed a time capsule from the park’s opening day.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- The refurbishment of the Sago Cay building at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa seems to be nearing completion.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- We have a full list of food coming to the resort for Star Wars Day on May 4!
- During today’s meeting of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board, Disney Springs business owners expressed concerns about tolls and taxes threatened by the board and how it would impact their businesses.
- The board also voted today to void Disney’s development agreement with the former Reedy Creek Improvement District.
- Additionally, the board made it illegal for businesses in the district to adopt any COVID-19-related restrictions.
- As a result of Gov. Ron DeSantis and his board’s continued attempts to infringe upon Disney’s business interests, the company finally announced it was filing a lawsuit against the state and DeSantis.
- The Governor’s office issued a statement in response to Disney’s filing.
- We got plenty of new information today on the many Disney100 offerings coming to Walt Disney World, including a new Spaceship Earth light show!
- We have a full list of all the new Star Wars food coming for May 4th at Disneyland Resort!
- There’s also a special Grogu sipper on its way to the parks!
- The Stanley Cup will be displayed at Downtown Disney District this weekend.
- Performances of “Fantasmic!” this weekend have been removed from the Disneyland Resort calendar.
- Walls are up around the stage for the show on Tom Sawyer Island as well, and the canoes have resumed service.
- Disneyland Paris will celebrate Star Wars Day with a new Grogu Meringue.
- The stars of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” assembled this week at Walt Disney Studios Park for the premiere of the film.The
Entertainment & Media
The Walt Disney Company
- Among the latest layoff casualties include all of 20th Digital Studio and a quarter of the staff at D23.
WDW News Today
Disney Suing Governor Ron DeSantis, Disney 100 Details Released for WDW – NewsToday 4/26
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!