We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, April 27, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- New Lightning Lane signage has been installed outside of Peter Pan’s Flight at Magic Kingdom, closer to where guests will actually enter the often overflowing queue.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The live-action Ariel from the upcoming “The Little Mermaid” remake will appear at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this summer.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has responded to Disney Parks & Resorts suing him and his Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors over their voiding Disney’s Development Agreement with the old Reedy Creek Improvement District Board.
- Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody is “puzzled” by Disney Parks & Resorts naming Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in their new lawsuit.
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors has scheduled an extra meeting for Monday, May 1 at 9:30 a.m.
- Disney Destinations sent an email to those who held Fantasmic dining packages for this weekend to inform them that their reservations have been canceled.
- After a brief hiatus, “Fantasmic!” may be returning to Disneyland as early as May 14.
- The live-action Ariel from the upcoming “The Little Mermaid” remake will appear at Disneyland park this summer.
- New renderings shared by Disney of the upcoming The Villas at Disneyland Hotel complex have shown a new set of “deluxe studio” rooms located poolside and detached from the main tower of the hotel expansion.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- If you miss the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Walt Disney World, the “Mickey’s Rainbow Luau” show will return to Tokyo Disneyland this September.
- Although many non-locals might not take much pleasure in the Tokyo Disney Resort: Encore the Moments exhibit in Ikspiari, given its focus on mostly seasonal events through the years, a new addition to the museum shows off the making of their latest parade, “Disney Harmony in Color!”
- The live-action Ariel from the upcoming “The Little Mermaid” remake will appear at Disneyland Paris this summer.
Entertainment and Media
- Walt Disney Animation Studios has released the first teaser trailer and poster for “Wish,” which opens in theaters on November 22, 2023.
- The latest rumor regarding the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s “Fantastic Four” film is that Antonio Banderas is in talks to play Galactus.
- “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” will begin streaming on Disney+ on May 17, 2023.
The Walt Disney Company
- Citizen is partnering with the Walt Disney Hometown Museum to host a special event commemorating 100 years of Disney in Walt’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri, this June.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!