For the first time since the 50th Anniversary celebration began at Walt Disney World, The Master’s Cupcake is back at Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom. It has a slightly different look now than it did previously, so join us as we give it a try.
The Master’s Cupcake — $5.79
Chocolate Cupcake topped with “The Grey Stuff” and Crispy Pearls
Gaston’s Tavern can be found inside Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. If you follow the walkway between Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Pinocchio’s Village Haus, you will pass Be Our Guest Restaurant on your left. If you continue, you can find Gaston’s Tavern to your left as you turn toward Under The Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid.
Gaston’s Tavern is a nod to the tavern in the classic Disney animated film “Beauty and the Beast,” where LeFou and the tavern patrons sing about all of Gaston’s conquests.
The Master’s Cupcake is a chocolate cupcake topped with “The Grey Stuff” and crispy pearls.
After making its return for the first time since before Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration began, The Master’s Cupcake looks a bit different than before. At one point, this item was listed as “The Grey Stuff” cupcake.
It now features a red rose on top, gold and bronze “crispy pearls,” and some shimmery glitter featured on the infamous “Grey Stuff.” The rose featured on top is made of fondant and is just okay. It has a generic cake icing flavor.
This cupcake was quite delicious. It has your typical chocolate cake base, which is very moist and tastes fresh. Then it is topped with a buttercream grey frosting that is not too sweet but is cooler in temperature, which makes it truly delicious. The crispy pearls along the outside don’t have much flavor but are a great crunch and texture contrast to the cool frosting and moist cake.
Overall, we enjoyed this cupcake. The size is okay for the value and feels a little bigger than the original cupcake featured in the past. This is something we would come back for.
Check out some other food reviews we have done recently at Walt Disney World:
- REVIEW: Narcoossee’s Reopens With New ‘Land and Sea’ Menu and Refurbished, Modernized Look at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- REVIEW: California Grill Retires 50th Anniversary Offerings, Debuts NEW Prix Fixe Menu with Return of Goat Cheese Ravioli at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- REVIEW: Coffee Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Returns to Gideon’s Bakehouse for April 2023
- REVIEW: Bee Hive Mousse Dome for Earth Day 2023 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- REVIEW: Unearth the New Dino Dig Ice Cream Sandwich at Dino-Bite Snacks in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Is The Master’s Cupcake something you’ll make a point to grab on your next visit to Magic Kingdom? Let us know in the comments.