Construction walls have gone up around part of the Seuss Landing entrance in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Seuss Landing Construction Walls
The walls begin near restrooms in the Port of Entry land of Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Signs on the walls read “Set enhancement in progress” and direct guests to the restrooms.
The walls go over the Seuss Landing bridge, through the land’s main entrance, passing close to one half of the entrance archway.
The archway is actually no longer an archway — the top of it was removed a year ago and hasn’t been restored.
The walls partially black the Seuss Landing sign from view.
The walls continue across from the “If I Ran the Zoo” playground, which was refurbished last year.
The walls completely block off a park space with water features, but don’t block any attractions, shops, or restaurants.
They continue on down almost to the Eat a Snack ICEE stand (previously known as “Brown & Blacks” but presumably changed for cultural sensitivity).
The construction walls stop right before a set of backstage doors.
The walls likely just hide a refurbishment of the park space.
Seuss Landing is one of eight themed lands of Universal’s Islands of Adventure, inspired by Dr. Seuss books. The land has several attractions, mostly geared toward younger visitors.
- The Cat in the Hat: a dark ride telling the famous story of the same name
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride: a people-mover ride mostly inspired by “The Sneetches” that takes guests on one of two tracks for a tour above Seuss Landing
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish: an aerial carousel ride during which riders can control the movement of their giant fish vehicles
- Caro-Seuss-el: a standard carousel with non-standard Seuss creatures. The carousel’s roof was replaced last year during a long refurbishment.
- Oh, The Stories You’ll Hear: a musical show featuring classic characters like the Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 & Thing 2, The Grinch, and The Lorax
- If I Ran the Zoo: a play area inspired by the book of the same name
Food and beverage locations in Seuss Landing include Green Eggs and Ham Café, Circus McGurkus Café Stoo-pendous, Hop on Pop Ice Cream Shop, and Moose Juice, Goose Juice.
During the winter holidays, Seuss Landing is decorated and the Whos of Whoville wander the land, doing their Christmas shopping. There is a Grinch meet and greet, Grinch and Friends Character Breakfast, and the “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular.”
In 2021, six Dr. Seuss books were removed from publication due to wrong and harmful stereotypes. At the time, Universal Orlando Resort announced that they were evaluating Seuss Landing for possible changes. No significant changes were made, however. “If I Ran the Zoo” is the most represented of the six books, but none of the harmful stereotypes are depicted in the Seuss Landing play area.