We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, June 23, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- In honor of its 60th anniversary (at Disneyland), we explored the complete history of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.
- Minnie, Daisy, and Clarabelle will appear in Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Parade dressed as the Sanderson Sisters.
- Disney has filed a permit to re-theme the Fairytale Garden in Magic Kingdom for a Mirabel meet and greet.
- The Magic Kingdom braille map has been updated with a new look and no longer includes Splash Mountain.
- Zanzibar Trading Company in Magic Kingdom is now back to its former glory, as the shop’s sign has regained its spinning boats.
- During a trip to EPCOT this week, we could hear “Moana” music playing from Journey of Water Inspired by “Moana” as Walt Disney Imagineering continues tests on the attraction.
- The “Heartbeat of Freedom” Fourth of July fireworks tag will return to EPCOT this year at the end of “EPCOT Forever.”
- After Central Florida received some rain, the Disney Springs water taxis (also referred to as the Sassagoula Steamboat Company) are back in operation.
- Crews have installed paneling on the exterior of Summer House on the Lake, a new eatery under construction on the West Side of Disney Springs.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Walt Disney Imagineering has filed for an extension of a permit related to Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge, a project long thought canceled.
- Josh D’Amaro, Chairman of Disney Parks, Resorts & Experiences, is now appearing in a message on Disney resort TVs.
- New Mickey s’mores kits are available at Walt Disney World Resort hotels during nightly campfire activities, and we decided to check it out.
- Construction at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has moved to the balconies above Gasparilla Island Grill.
- New Indiana Jones merchandise has arrived at Walt Disney World ahead of the release of “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” this month.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney has just announced a major change to their Genie+ pricing, with variances between parks.
- In honor of its 60th anniversary, we explored the complete history of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.
- A woman was arrested last week after sneaking into Disneyland Park and hiding around Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to avoid capture.
- There are special photo ops and free stickers outside Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room in Disneyland for the attraction’s 60th anniversary.
- New shimmering Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Starbucks tumblers have arrived at Disneyland Resort.
- Rogers: The Musical is coming to Disney California Adventure next week, and a sneak peek behind the scenes has been released.
- Much of the scaffolding and scrim in Pacific Wharf at Disney California Adventure has come down, revealing new San Fransokyo Square theming.
- A new Disney100 ear headband that sports UV-reactive art is now available at Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Our friends at Disney Magical Kingdom Blog have shared a video of the full “Adventure is Out There!” summer stage show at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Entertainment and Media
- Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at their new “Haunted Mansion” film during Midsummer Scream — Halloween & Horror Convention in Long Beach, California, this July.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has reopened a lawsuit against Disney regarding Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear, a.k.a. Lotso, a main character in “Toy Story 3.”
WDW News Today
Cast Member Dog Saves Guest’s Life, New Frozen Rides – News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!