New Mickey s’mores kits are available at Walt Disney World Resort hotels during nightly campfire activities, and we decided to check it out.
Mickey S’mores – $6
We visited a campfire at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn last evening.
Thankfully, the Florida rain was paused long enough for us to enjoy the campfire.
The Mickey s’mores kits are not complimentary and only available to purchase for guests staying at a Disney resort. Guests charge the purchase to their rooms with a MagicBand.
They include everything you need to make your s’more: marshmallows, crackers/cookies, squares of chocolate, a stick to roast the marshmallows, and a plate.
The Mickey-shaped Graham crackers are more like soft cookies and fell apart easily.
But the s’more was still ultimately a delicious, sugary snack.
The chocolate and marshmallow make for perfect-tasting Mickey s’mores, even if it’s not the most pretty.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Campfires
Campfires are set up at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels starting at about 6:30 p.m. each night. Cast Members keep the campfire going for an hour. The following resorts offer campfire activities:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
We haven’t been able to confirm if all of these campfire locations are offering the new Mickey-shaped s’mores, but we know they are available at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
Disney’s BoardWalk Refurbishment
Disney’s BoardWalk has been undergoing an overall refurbishment over the past few years. Recently, crews were refurbishing guest room balconies along the BoardWalk. This led to a brief closure of Trattoria al Forno and the Pizza Window. The guest room interiors are also being updated.
The lobby of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn was remodeled earlier this year with minimal changes. In December 2022, the new Carousel Coffee shop and seating area opened, replacing Dundy’s Sundries, which closed permanently in October. Decorations continued to be added over the following weeks.
The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers — a new table-service restaurant and quick-service bakery — is under construction on the BoardWalk, replacing ESPN Club. Two Cake Bake Shop locations already exist at Broad Ripple Village in Indianapolis, Indiana, and Carmel City Center in Carmel, Indiana.
Have you been noticing these changes around the BoardWalk? Interested in trying the Mickey s’mores? Let us know in the comments.