Duffy and friends are now on the high seas, greeting guests at Tokyo DisneySea in a new harbor show with their first-ever boat. For some of his friends, this is also their first time making a public appearance as costumed characters.
Duffy and Friends in Mediterranean Harbor
The official Tokyo Disney Resort website describes the experience:
Guests can delight in seeing all seven friends of Duffy and Friends — including CookieAnn, ‘Olu Mel, and LinaBell in their first appearance — having fun on a boat. The friends will enjoy their time together as they chat happily and dance along to the tunes of ‘Olu Mel’s ukulele.
All of the friends dance about and wave at onlookers while the ship itself roams around the harbor.
The ship itself is abundantly colorful, finished up with an ornate compass surrounded by golden waves.
This show takes place in Mediterranean Harbor, and will run until September 6, 2023. It occurs twice daily, at 11:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. We have the entire performance on video for you to enjoy.
More Duffy in Tokyo
For those who may not be familiar, here is a rundown of the primary Duffy cohort:
- Duffy himself: a special sailor teddy bear Minnie Mouse created for Mickey, with the hope that Duffy would provide “happiness and luck.”
- ShellieMay: a tan female teddy bear with a green bow and a seashell pendant, made by Minnie Mouse for Duffy.
- Gelatoni: an artistic and creative green Tuxedo cat with a blue beret who sees beauty in everything
- StellaLou: a lavender rabbit with a blue flower, a tutu, and ballet shoes.
- CookieAnn: a yellow dog with a chef’s hat who loves to combine different things to come up with unique recipes and ideas.
- ‘Olu Mel: a shy turtle who loves making music with his ukulele
- LinaBell: a smart pink fox with a purple orchid who loves to solve problems and mysteries by finding clues using her trademark magnifying glass.
As restrictions from the COVID-19 pandemic have eased, dining shows are returning to the Tokyo Disney Resort. Once such popular show — “My Friend Duffy” — did come back, but with some vast changes. Now known as “Duffy and Friends’ Wonderful Friendship,” the formerly free experience now has fixed times, requiring both reservations and an up-charge beyond regular admission.
Full details on the changes and prices are available here.
Are you interested in seeing this new harbor show in person, or the updating dining show? Let us know in the comments.