Disney has announced that a special look at the upcoming animated feature film “Wish” will air tonight on ABC during “The Wonderful World of Disney: Disney’s 100th Anniversary Celebration.”
Special Look at ‘Wish’
Airing tonight at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT, the television special will be hosted by Kelly Ripa and include the broadcast premiere of “Encanto” and the animated short film, “Once Upon a Studio.”
In a commercial shared to X, it was revealed that a first look at “Wish” would also be included in tonight’s television event.
You can watch the commercial clip below:
In “Wish,” audiences are welcomed to the magical kingdom of Rosas, where Asha, a sharp-witted idealist, makes a wish so powerful that it is answered by a cosmic force—a little ball of boundless energy called Star. Together, Asha and Star confront a most formidable foe—the ruler of Rosas, King Magnifico—to save her community and prove that when the will of one courageous human connects with the magic of the stars, wondrous things can happen.
In addition to Ariana DeBose as Asha, Chris Pine as King Magnifico, and Alan Tudyk as Valentino, the cast includes:
- Angelique Cabral as Queen Amaya, the wife and sounding board of King Magnifico
- Victor Garber as Asha’s grandfather, Sabino, who—at 100 years old—is patiently waiting for his wish to be granted
- and Natasha Rothwell as Asha’s loving and supportive mom, Sakina
- Jennifer Kumiyama as Asha’s dearest friend, Dahlia, who’s an accomplished baker and unofficial leader of their group
- Evan Peters as Simon, the strong guy with a big heart and bigger yawn
- Harvey Guillén as Gabo, who may be cynical, but he has a heart of gold
- Ramy Youseff as Safi, who’s plagued by allergies
- Niko Vargas as Hal, Asha’s joyful, always smiling buddy
- Della Saba as Bazeema, the seemingly shy teenager who’s full of surprises
- Jon Rudnitsky as Dario, Asha’s rosy-cheeked, wiggly-eared pal.
The film is directed by Academy Award-winner Chris Buck and Fawn Veerasunthorn, and produced by Peter Del Vecho and Juan Pablo Reyes Lancaster Jones. Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios Jennifer Lee executive produces, with Lee and Allison Moore serving as writers.
“Wish” features original songs by Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Julia Michaels and Grammy-winning producer/songwriter/musician Benjamin Rice, with a score by composer Dave Metzger.
Watch the official trailer:
‘Once Upon a Studio’
Read the official blurb for Disney’s new animated short film below:
An all-star ensemble of beloved characters from Walt Disney Animation Studios come together in “Once Upon a Studio” for a joyful, entertaining and emotional reunion as they assemble for a spectacular group photo to mark Disney’s 100th anniversary. Featuring 543 Disney characters from more than 85 feature-length and short films, “Once Upon a Studio” welcomes heroes and villains, princes and princesses, sidekicks and sorcerers—in all-new hand-drawn and CG animation—to celebrate 10 decades of storytelling, artistry and technological achievements. Directed by Dan Abraham and Trent Correy and produced by Yvett Merino and Bradford Simonsen, “Once Upon a Studio” makes it broadcast debut on ABC on Oct. 15, 2023.
“Once Upon a Studio” originally debuted at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival. It’s set to also play in front of “Wish” when it’s released in theaters on November 22.
Watch the trailer:
Are you excited for the release of Disney’s “Wish” movie? Let us know in the comments.