Construction continues throughout EPCOT, but while on a recent visit, we noticed that construction walls had gone up around one of the Liquid Layer interactive splash pads in World Discovery.
Splash Pad Under Refurbishment
The Liquid Layer splash pad can be found just outside of Connections Cafe and Eatery and Creations Shop on the World Discovery Side. At present, the splash pad is completely surrounded by black construction walls, with concrete blocks stacked to hold them upright from the inside. Two orange cones are also inside the walls.
Looking down inside the construction walls from the monorail, we saw that several of the fountains had been removed from their settings in the splash pad. Some were still attached, and all of the facings and gratings had been removed.
Here’s what the fountain looks like from ground level.
On previous visits to the park, we noticed that some of the nozzles on this splash pad were not functioning properly; at other times, the pad was not operational.
There is no announced date for when the splash pad will become operational once again, so stay tuned for updates.
Have you seen the construction walls around the splash pad during your visits to EPCOT? Are you excited to see the park reach its final transformation? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
Check out our latest EPCOT updates:
- VIDEO: Guest Jumps from Italy Pavilion Bridge Into World Showcase Lagoon ‘For a Bet’ at EPCOT
- Moana Merchandise Kiosk Now Open Near Journey of Water at EPCOT
- PHOTOS: Glass Installed at CommuniCore Hall as World Celebration Construction Continues at EPCOT
- ‘Luminous: The Symphony of Us’ Added to Walt Disney World Website, New Concept Art Released
- Candlelight Processional Dining Packages Now Available to Book at EPCOT