We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, December 18, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The cobblestone pathway completed over the past few weeks in the exterior queue area of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom has opened to guests.
- On December 15, 2023, Pirates of the Caribbean celebrated its 50th anniversary at Walt Disney World Resort. To mark the occasion, we thought it was important to share a detailed history of Disney’s famous sailing along the Spanish Main.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The final Disney Jollywood Nights event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has sold out, but tickets remain for tonight’s event.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Construction has resumed on the former funnel cakes kiosk at Disney’s BoardWalk to transform it into a new Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs location.
- Walt Disney World has released even more “Play in the Park” merchandise at Walt Disney World Resort this past week.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has announced when “good to go” days for Annual Passholders and Cast Members to visit without park pass reservations will be visible on the resort operating calendar.
- Walt Disney World also released updated guidance for how virtual queues will work starting January 9, 2024, when all-day Park Hopping returns and the “good to go” days are added.
- After Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park was closed due to storms this weekend, it remains closed today and is scheduled to stay closed through Wednesday.
- Today marked the beginning of the new Avis sponsorship at Autopia in Disneyland Paris, and with it came newly-added Autopia billboards as part of the attraction.
Disney Cruise Line
- For a limited time, guests who book select Disney Cruise Line sailings only need to pay half of the required deposit at the time of booking.
Entertainment and Media
- Marvel Studios has officially dropped Jonathan Majors, who portrayed the MCU’s current main villain Kang the Conquerer, after he was found guilty of reckless assault and harassment on Monday.
- Prior to the Marvel news, it was announced that after over four hours of deliberation, the six-person jury in the Jonathan Majors case found him guilty of reckless assault in the third degree and guilty of harassment.
- Although the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company has technically passed, Roku is now honoring Disney100 with the addition of Cinderella Castle to the Roku City screensaver.
- The Disney+ app has disappeared from at least some Tesla vehicles amid a software update a month after Disney ceased advertising on X (formerly Twitter), which is owned by Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!