We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, December 6, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- With World Celebration Gardens finally open at EPCOT after several years of construction, guests have checked out the area by day and night to experience the new area. Unfortunately, the lighting elements in the gardens are already malfunctioning.
- The new EPCOT entrance and World Celebration background music will soon be available on streaming platforms.
- The complimentary “Wish” poster is now available for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders to pick up at EPCOT.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The Disney100 Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Figment Annual Passholder magnets originally released earlier this year are available again to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders who may have missed them the first time around.
- Disney Springs’ newest restaurant, eet by Maneet Chauhan, has officially opened at Walt Disney World. We were there on opening day to check out the space and the food.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Moms for Liberty co-founder and Governor DeSantis-appointed Central Florida Tourism Oversight District (CFTOD) Board of Supervisors member Bridget Ziegler was not present at Wednesday’s meeting amid sexual assault allegations against her husband, Florida Republican Party Chair Christian Ziegler.
- Wednesday’s Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors meeting was almost completely dedicated to discussing “historical issues” with the former Reedy Creek Improvement District.
- Disneyland Resort announced the return of Disneyland After Dark events in 2024. Next year’s events will include the returning Sweethearts’ Nite, Star Wars Nite, and Pride Nite, plus the new Disney Channel Nite.
- Months after San Fransokyo Square officially opened, Disney is still adding decorations to the Disney California Adventure land. In November, the Port of San Fransokyo sign was finally installed. This month, a new giant gold coin featuring Baymax has been erected above the collectible medallions machine.
- Eighteen-inch hand-pulled candy canes have returned to Disneyland Resort for another holiday season. This iconic Disney treat is a tradition that dates back to 1968.
- The new Smokejumpers Grill breakfast menu debuted at Disney California Adventure on Wednesday and we were there to try everything.
- After Astro Orbitor at Disneyland closed for a refurbishment set to last until at least the new year, plaques about the attraction’s history at different Disney Parks were added to the construction walls. Unfortunately, the plaque about the Magic Kingdom version of Astro Orbiter had completely incorrect information. (At Magic Kingdom, the ride is Astro Orbiter, while at Disneyland, it’s Astro Orbitor.) After we reported on the plaque, Disney took it down. Now they’ve replaced it with a plaque featuring the correct dates.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Tokyo Disney Resort shared a behind-the-scenes video featuring concept art, clips of construction, and a final look at Elsa’s Ice Palace on the North Mountain overlooking Fantasy Springs in Tokyo DisneySea.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line shared on the ship’s log for the Disney Treasure that the two iconic funnels have been installed atop the new cruise ship.
- Whether you want to cruise on the brand new Disney Treasure, or want to visit Disney Cruise Line’s newest destination, Lighthouse Point, or even if you don’t know what ship or itinerary, if you’re thinking of booking a Disney Cruise for 2025, now is the time to act! (Sponsored)
Entertainment and Media
- Ravensburger has announced the third chapter of Disney Lorcana titled Into the Inklands.
- Star Wars: Unlimited posted an interview with three of the game’s designers. Danny Schaefer, Tyler Parrott, and Jeremy Zwirn shared insight about the game’s first set, Spark of Rebellion, which will be released on March 8, 2024.
- After wrapping up season two last month, “Spidey and His Amazing Friends” will return for season three on Monday, January 8, 2024.
The Walt Disney Company
- Storyliving by Disney shared a first look at their second community, called Asteria, which will be located in North Carolina near Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!