With World Celebration Gardens finally open at EPCOT after several years of construction, guests have checked out the area by day and night to experience the new area. Unfortunately, the lighting elements in the gardens are already malfunctioning.
Lighting Elements Malfunctioning in World Celebration Gardens
As a nod to classic EPCOT, Imagineers included “light-up pavement” as one of the features in the new World Celebration Gardens when they opened yesterday, December 5, 2023. Just one day later, the programmable LCD light elements are malfunctioning.
We first noticed this section of pavement was not functioning correctly.
We saw that as the ambient lights in the area changed, some sections of the sidewalk’s lighting elements were malfunctioning. Here, you can see a section of the ground has turned red, despite the entire area changing to green.
When the area turned to blue, the red section remained red.
As the lighting continued to change, this section was still “stuck” on red.
Individual lighting elements are malfunctioning in other sections of the sidewalk as well.
Are you disappointed that lighting elements are malfunctioning in the new World Celebration? Let us know in the comments.
Coverage of New Experiences at EPCOT
Yesterday was a big day in EPCOT, with a new fireworks spectacular and a long-awaited reveal of this new World Celebration, a section of the park that has been closed for years while it was being re-imagined. Check out all of our coverage of these events below:
- To celebrate the debut of “Luminous: The Story of Us” nighttime spectacular at EPCOT, a new merchandise collection has arrived at Walt Disney World Resort.
- The construction walls around World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT have come down, allowing guests to stroll through and explore this new section of the park.
- With the opening of World Celebration Gardens at EPCOT, a new park guidemap has been released featuring the area, and the My Disney Experience app has been updated to include the gardens on its map.
- With the grand opening of the World Celebration Gardens, a new background music loop composed by Pinar Toprak has debuted at EPCOT for the park’s entrance and the World Celebration neighborhood.
- Take a nighttime photo and video tour of the new World Celebration Gardens, complete with light-up pavement.
- With just a few weeks left in the year, Disney has officially confirmed that CommuniCore Hall and CommuniCore Plaza have been delayed until 2024.
- After months of anticipation, behind-the-scenes looks, and a delay past Disney’s actual 100th anniversary, “Luminous: The Symphony of Us” has finally premiered at EPCOT. Click here to see our full show video and photos.