We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, December 8, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- This week, Walt Disney World teamed up with the Gary Sinise Foundation for the annual “Snowball Express” five-day retreat, welcoming more than 700 families of fallen military heroes this past week. Family members participated in the “Walk of Gratitude” through Magic Kingdom.
- On a recent trip to Magic Kingdom, we noticed that the Sea Serpent topiary that has been patrolling the grounds near the Hub since opening day in 1971 has been refurbished, and a feature that has not been present for many years has returned.
- Check out Tom’s honest review of both World Celebration Gardens and “Luminous: The Story of Us,” which both recently debuted at EPCOT.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Guests who look forward to using H2O+ products while at their favorite Disney resorts and cruise ships, have reason to rejoice! It appears that Disney will continue supplying the products under new branding.
- As construction continues around Disney’s BoardWalk, we got a look at the latest updates being made to the Walt Disney World destination.
- The Walt Disney World “Play in the Park” collection has expanded with a youth Spirit Jersey.
- Keep the Halloween spirit alive during the winter holidays with The Haunted Mansion merchandise available on Amazon. (Affiliate content)
Other Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World has extended the operating hours of Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom during the week of Christmas 2023.
- After paying a visit to the newly opened Adventureland Treehouse inspired by Swiss Family Robinson at Disneyland Park, the director of Disney’s animated film “Tarzan” expressed feelings of sadness on social media about the retheme.
- We have our first audio preview of the “Disney Electrical Sky Parade” soundtrack ahead of the drone show’s premiere at Disneyland Paris on January 8, 2024.
- Disneyland Paris President Natacha Rafalski has shared new photos on Instagram of Walt Disney Imagineering adding the final touches to the Disneyland Hotel, which opens on January 25, 2024.
Entertainment and Media
- Gonzo, Blade, Mario — The Game Awards “spared no expense” this year when it came to guests, announcements, and winners. The awards ceremony was live on Thursday, December 7, 2023, and several Disney and Universal-related games were represented.
The Walt Disney Company
- After Disney pulled advertising from Elon Musk’s X platform (formerly Twitter) and Musk claimed “I don’t want them to advertise,” he continues to complain about Disney CEO Bob Iger.
- The gender discrimination lawsuit first filed against The Walt Disney Company in 2019 will be moving forward as a class action lawsuit.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!