Mission: SPACE in EPCOT has spent much of 2023 going through several cosmetic changes. Most recently, we spotted a new coat of paint on the attraction’s exterior and a new mosaic galaxy added to the pavement.
Mission: SPACE Building Repainted
The Mission: SPACE building was repainted. The paint job was more of a touchup than a complete makeover, and it may even be difficult to notice the change.
While subtle, the fresh coat of paint helps to give the exterior a cleaner, well-kept appearance.
Prior to this update, there were cracks and patches throughout the exterior of the building. The new paint job covers them up. Below, you can see what it looked like before the new paint.
This photo, taken in October of this year, reveals massive cracks and damage on the building’s exterior.
Here, you can see large areas of patchwork that have now been covered with the fresh coat of paint.
New Galaxy Mosaic Added
On the pavement, a new mosaic has been added to the growing display in Planetary Plaza. This one appears to be of a galaxy and can be found outside of Mission: SPACE Cargo Bay.
Small fragments of varying colors make up the galactic mosaic.
We noticed that this one has quite a bit of shine to it, so much so that some guests were trying to avoid walking over it, believing it was wet.
For reference, here’s what the area looked like before the mosaic was added.
To catch up with all of the other construction updates happening at Mission: SPACE, check out the list below:
- PHOTOS: Rolling Planters Replace Construction Walls and Benches Removed at Mission: SPACE in EPCOT
- PHOTOS: A Closer Look at the Perseverance Rover Tracks and ‘Surface of Mars’ Now on Display at Mission: SPACE in EPCOT
- PHOTOS: Shrubs Return, Planet Seats Removed as Mission: SPACE Exterior Renovations Continue
- Earth Removed for Refurbishment From Mission: SPACE Entrance at EPCOT
- PHOTOS: Mars Rover Tracks Disappear at Completed Mission: SPACE Planetary Plaza Pavement Refurbishment in EPCOT
- PHOTOS: Damaged Mars Sculpture Blocked Off as Repair Work Begins at Mission: SPACE in EPCOT
- PHOTOS: Mars Turning Gray as Paint Wastes Away From Sculpture at Entrance to Mission: SPACE in EPCOT