Dr. Seuss said that the reason the Grinch hated Christmas was that “his heart was two sizes too small…” but we wonder if he really just needed a cupcake to sweeten his surly disposition.
The 2 Sizes Too Small Cupcake can be found at Jurassic Cafe, located in the Lower Lot of Universal Studios Hollywood. It’s part of their Grinchmas Desserts menu for the holiday season, and references Dr. Seuss’ explanation that the Grinch hated Christmas because his heart was “two sizes too small.”
2 Sizes Too Small Cupcake — $6.99
Green vanilla cupcake topped with vanilla frosting filled with sprinkles and Grinch candy heart
Theme park cupcakes can often taste pretty generic, and this one is no different. The cake and frosting are only green in color — both are simply vanilla-flavored.
While it is cute for the holidays and definitely shareable, we thought it was far too sweet and sugary. However, texturally, the little crispies on the inside were a nice surprise. It added a little something more to an overall standard vanilla cupcake. It’s the “heart” inside the cupcake, which is a fun nod to the cupcake’s festive theme. We would rate this treat 7/10.
Will you be taking your Whos, the tall and the small, to share one of these cupcakes, or are you holding out for the roast beast? Let us know in the comments.
Check out our latest updates from Universal Studios Hollywood:
- REVIEW: Dumpit to Crumpit Treat Brings Grinchmas Cheer to Universal Studios Hollywood
- PHOTOS: Celebrate Christmas and Grinchmas With Holiday Decorations at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Universal Studios Hollywood Confirms Return of EVE, Announces Details for New Year’s Celebration Party
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: New Who-Bee Doo-Wops Show Debuts for Grinchmas at Universal Studios Hollywood
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Meet The Grinch & His Dog Max During Grinchmas at Universal Studios Hollywood