Guests visiting Universal Studios Japan can ring in the new year in the park during the special ticketed event, NO LIMIT! Countdown 2024 — complete with one-night-only entertainment, food, merchandise, and 26 hours of unlimited rides.
NO LIMIT! Countdown 2024
The special ticketed event gives guests 26 hours of park access, with Universal Studios Japan being open from 7 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2023 to 9 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2024.
Countdown Special Stage Shows
On the Countdown Special Stage, guests can experience unique countdown versions of some of Universal Studios Japan’s most popular shows of 2023. The Minions, ONE PIECE, and a group of zombies will all make an appearance. There will also be a DJ party to keep the energy going.
Entertainment can be expected from 7:15 p.m. on December 31, 2023 to 12:15 a.m. on Jan. 1, 2024. Specific showtimes are not yet available on the Universal Studios Japan website.
Countdown Moment Fireworks Display
The event’s fireworks display can be seen throughout the park, but will go off at the Lagoon in the Gramercy Park area. Showtimes are not yet listed.
On the party map above, you can see all the areas around the park with viewing locations for the show.
Original Food Options
Beginning at 7 p.m. on December 31, guests can purchase a number of food options themed to the event.
These items will be available in limited quantities:
- Dinosaur Year-End Soba Noodles with Mixed Vegetable Tempura & Shaved Kelp can be found at Discovery Restaurant in the Jurassic Park area
- Snoopy Year-End Soba Noodles with Mixed Vegetable Tempura & Scrambled Egg can be found at Snoopy’s Backlot Café in the Universal Wonderland area
- Year of the Rabbit Bun with White Stew Filling can be found at multiple food cars, including in front of Cinema 4-D Store
- Year of the Dragon Bun with Red Curry can be found at multiple food cars, including in front of Cinema 4-D Store
Available while supplies last will be a number of original merchandise items. Universal Studios Japan notes that the items listed (and featured in the image above) are examples of what is to come at the event. They include:
- Earmuff Headband at Minion Marketplace (Funn Store) and participating stores
- Plush Hat at Universal Studios Store and participating stores
- Blanket at Snoopy Studios Store and more
All guests wanting to experience NO LIMIT! Countdown 2024 are required to purchase a special ticket called a Party Pass. General sale for the event opened on November 14, 2023. The Universal Studios Japan website suggests inquiring at a travel agency for purchase.
Anyone with a Party Pass can enter and exit the park freely from 7 p.m. on December 31, 2023, until the park closes at 9 p.m. on January 1, 2024.
Studio Passholders, including Annual Passholders must exit the park by 5 p.m. on December 31. The park will be closed from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m., when it reopens for the start of the event. Studio Passholders, including Annual Passholders, can enter the park on January 1 beginning at 2 p.m.
It is worth noting that Super Nintendo World will be closed for maintenance from 2 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. during the event.
Would you attend the NO LIMIT! Countdown 2024 even to ring in the new year? Let us know in the comments below.